Regurgitation

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Last night George threw up his dinner (just his regular kibble) he seems to be ok except he's not drinking much. I fed him a small amount this morning and held an ice cube which he licked most of. How do you know if it is an actual illness or if he was just getting something out of his throat maybe?

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
It's not that uncommon that bulldogs throw up, if he's acting normal, poops, pees, drinks and eats I don't think you need to worry:) Just keep an eye on him if he should throw up again or have loose poop. There can be so many reasons for them puking. Two of mine throw up if their tummies are empty so I have to make sure they eat twice a day at least, and Joey sometimes throws up if she drinks to much water. It can also be that they were to active after food, it's important to keep them calm after meals to prevent twisted intestine.

If my dogs throw up I normally give them chicken and rice for a couple of days to help their tummy.

Hope George is doing well still <3

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
It's not that uncommon that bulldogs throw up, if he's acting normal, poops, pees, drinks and eats I don't think you need to worry:) Just keep an eye on him if he should throw up again or have loose poop. There can be so many reasons for them puking. Two of mine throw up if their tummies are empty so I have to make sure they eat twice a day at least, and Joey sometimes throws up if she drinks to much water. It can also be that they were to active after food, it's important to keep them calm after meals to prevent twisted intestine.

If my dogs throw up I normally give them chicken and rice for a couple of days to help their tummy.

Hope George is doing well still <3

agreed.... also, if I remember he is still a puppy and may have just eaten too much

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Thank you both for the reassurance. He appears to be ok now except for a tick which I had to bring him to the vet to have removed. I think you could be right he may have eaten too much I'm going to make his late meal smaller for the moment.
Had him weighed and he's 20kg so he's not starving that's for sure ;)

Most Reactions