Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Well, 1-day after posting this on the forum, I had to rush Maximus to the Vet.....

I came home yesterday morning, and Maximus was very lethargic, standing in one spot on the floor, and I was unable to get a response from him. He didn't move, or react. When I bent down to touch him,
he was burning Hot ! And being a Nurse, I ran upstairs to get the thermometer, and sure enough he had a temp of 104.

I called the Vet immediately and had to rush him in! We ended up staying 2-hours - the Vet had to give him IV Fluids, and two injections of Antibiotics, plus drew bloods. He never did diagnose the cause of the high Temp, at least his body organs are fine, his lungs are clear and his heart is good. His temp has come down, but he is on oral Antibiotics now for a week........

Now I know why he was probably sleeping more than usual ......

By yesterday afternoon, his appetite was improved, he wanted to eat and drink and he was more active.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Wow!!! So glad he's feeling better!!! :whew:

laurendoodler

Delilah's Personal Slave
Community Veteran
Feb 26, 2011
Iowa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Delilah
Delilah sleeps quite a bit..it just all depends on the action though. If there's people over or a lot of action going on in the house, she'll be awake and in the center of it all to make sure she knows what's going on! But she has a big, fluffy doughnut bed thing in the family room..and she is almost always in it, haha. She likes to eat treats in there, play with her toys in there, and of course sleep in there with that silly tongue hanging out just snoring away. She is obsessed with her bed. She also loves getting on my bed and burrowing into all of my decorative pillows. haha.

She's pretty active when it's nicer weather, though. Mostly because we're out doing things rather than being locked in the house!

SonnyOcca

Jan 14, 2017
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah
Hi there, I would wonder that same thing. My Sarah sleeps until 2PM sometimes. I used to get worried but it appears to be normal behavior. If I am mistaken maybe someone could advise...

Members online

No members online now.