Maximus

Community Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
Toms River, New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus
Just curious to find out what other owners experience with their Bullies.
My Bully, Maximus, sleeps all night and sleeps all day .... will get up at around 3PM. I find it so odd. I actually for awhile thought he was Sick.

I guess I don't think dogs should sleep all day....but Maximus does. All sprawled out on the sofa..... snoring !

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Samson sleeps ALOT too, I would say the majority of the day. If there are people over or something he will be alert and awake, cruising for attention but if its just a normal day at home he sleeps alot more than he is awake. I know it has nothing to do with his health because he gets yearly exams, blood tests, parasite testing, all that good stuff and he has always been perfectly healthy.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Welcome to the world of the bulldog .... it's such a hard life!!! :lol:

As long as Maximus is healthy and is showing no signs of illness then there is nothing wrong ... bulldogs love to sleep ALMOST as much as they love to eat!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I wish the puppy slept more... but my older bulldog Cassie slept all night and a good portion of the day. Like [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] said it's a hard life!

Ellen

May 21, 2010
I wish I slept as well as mine!!! She sleeps most of the day and sleeps all through the night.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas sleeps alot, but when he is up he is a wild-man!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Mocha sleeps on and off during the day.She sleeps all nite and on weekends, she will stay in bed with me till I get up. Like someone else noted, if we have company, She is all over the place being a nosey neighbor!!! I love Her!!:)

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Vegas sleeps alot, but when he is up he is a wild-man!

Same here [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION]! I think Layla naps just to have have the energy to torment her bothers! She is a wild child for sure! Hitchy sleeps most of the day. I have to bribe him with food to get him out of bed every morning :D

Miss Molly

Feb 18, 2011
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
My older bullie seemed to sleep 23.5 hours a day, waking to eat, potty, and do the occasional zoomie or chew on a bone for a while.

My 6 month old is FULL of energy! She sleeps through the night and then also during the day 4 days a week while I am at work. She is hyper the evenings we work. But on the 3 day weekend (I've only had her a little over a week), she actually takes naps and is much calmer. But still has quite a bit of energy!

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy sleeps n eats a lot, occasionally goes wild then collapses n sleeps again :lol:

Most Reactions