Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does your Bully sleep alot ...... ?

Real Name
    Shelly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does your Bully sleep alot ...... ?

My older bullie seemed to sleep 23.5 hours a day, waking to eat, potty, and do the occasional zoomie or chew on a bone for a while.

My 6 month old is FULL of energy! She sleeps through the night and then also during the day 4 days a week while I am at work. She is hyper the evenings we work. But on the 3 day weekend (I've only had her a little over a week), she actually takes naps and is much calmer. But still has quite a bit of energy!
    Shelly, owned by:
    Molly (English Bulldog), and Stretch (rescue Basset Hound/honorary bulldog)

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Lucy-licious

Lucy sleeps n eats a lot, occasionally goes wild then collapses n sleeps again

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Cutty sleeps most the day as well. When he is up he wants to play ball or eat and then back to bed.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Well, 1-day after posting this on the forum, I had to rush Maximus to the Vet.....

I came home yesterday morning, and Maximus was very lethargic, standing in one spot on the floor, and I was unable to get a response from him. He didn't move, or react. When I bent down to touch him,
    he was burning Hot ! And being a Nurse, I ran upstairs to get the thermometer, and sure enough he had a temp of 104.

I called the Vet immediately and had to rush him in! We ended up staying 2-hours - the Vet had to give him IV Fluids, and two injections of Antibiotics, plus drew bloods. He never did diagnose the cause of the high Temp, at least his body organs are fine, his lungs are clear and his heart is good. His temp has come down, but he is on oral Antibiotics now for a week........

Now I know why he was probably sleeping more than usual ......

By yesterday afternoon, his appetite was improved, he wanted to eat and drink and he was more active.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Wow!!! So glad he's feeling better!!!

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Delilah sleeps quite a bit..it just all depends on the action though. If there's people over or a lot of action going on in the house, she'll be awake and in the center of it all to make sure she knows what's going on! But she has a big, fluffy doughnut bed thing in the family room..and she is almost always in it, haha. She likes to eat treats in there, play with her toys in there, and of course sleep in there with that silly tongue hanging out just snoring away. She is obsessed with her bed. She also loves getting on my bed and burrowing into all of my decorative pillows. haha.

She's pretty active when it's nicer weather, though. Mostly because we're out doing things rather than being locked in the house!

Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah
    Likes (Received)

Hi there, I would wonder that same thing. My Sarah sleeps until 2PM sometimes. I used to get worried but it appears to be normal behavior. If I am mistaken maybe someone could advise...

9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads