Puppy Boarding in Toronto

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
My wife and I are headed to the states for American Thanksgiving because that is where my family lives (I'm originally from the States). We do not plan on taking Bowser with us so I was wondering if there are any good doggie boarding places in the Toronto area. My other option is to leave him with friends but none of them have bulldogs so I don't want them feeding him so something they shouldn't. You know how people are even if you tell them not to. We will be gone for 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
My wife and I are headed to the states for American Thanksgiving because that is where my family lives (I'm originally from the States). We do not plan on taking Bowser with us so I was wondering if there are any good doggie boarding places in the Toronto area. My other option is to leave him with friends but none of them have bulldogs so I don't want them feeding him so something they shouldn't. You know how people are even if you tell them not to. We will be gone for 6 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm not familiar or experienced with boarding places in Toronto, but I live in Mississauga, and we went to Jamaica a couple of years ago. We used the Petsmart boarding at Heartland on Brittania. We boarded Blossom and Dozer for a week, and I was very happy with the facilities and the care that they got. They have separate climate controlled suites with Cooleroo beds, and they have a play room, you provide your own food and toys, and they will feed them and care for them per your instructions. They go out for potty breaks, and you can get daily updates on your dog.

Here re is a link to some other Boarding places in Mississauga.

The Best 10 Pet Boarding/Pet Sitting in Mississauga, ON, Canada

Another option is to board your dog at your vets office, have you asked them if they provide this service?

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I lived in Toronto for several years, but I've never really searched that hard for a boarding place. My vet had one but no one stayed overnight. Three times we left by airplane (we always took her if by car). I flew my younger brother up from ohio twice to watch her, and once my friend stayed at our place. I paid my friend around $50 day, and my brother got two free trips to TO, and I paid him once just to be nice. In all cases, I had written out a three page essay on Lola's care. I didn't care whether it made me look neurotic, Lola gets very anxious without us, and I wanted her routine (down to saying good girl instead of other random praises) to be as close as possible. If you've got good friends, they will understand :). Good luck and happy thanksgiving!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.