bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
So the saga with radar continues our awful summer becoming a tripawd 5 weeks training and still has some issues with our son so still trying min down what is going on out trainer is suggesting an emotional detox and then we are gonna see if we can do a phone video paperwork consult with a behaviorist. We have none in iowa closest is Chicago so instead of making the 8 hour drive gonna try this first and see if we can pun down a drug that may help him. Has anyone done or know of anyone who has done an emotional detox?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
It does look and sounds like the same we are doing it next weekend our trainer is coming on Friday to spend day 1 with us and I have turkey breast an ground turkey and green beans in the freezer to feed him. I am frustrated but I know that he was meant to be here cause we will work for h

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Frustration is expected... You've had a long and trying experience and it seems the road is still a long on in front of you..... Many would have already given up but you are still loving and helping him

Continuing to send lots of positive thoughts

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I'm so sorry you're still having difficulties. Radar is so lucky to have such a wonderful family that cares about him. I feel like someone had said they had to do something similar with their dogs, but I don't remember exactly which thread it was on...or really who it was exactly...I want to say [MENTION=12277]RalphieBoy[/MENTION] was it you?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Keep up the amazing work, you're doing a great thing for Radar!! I will research also…just a thought, have you considered alternative therapy for pain management (acupressure/acupuncture/massage therapy)? Asking because I noticed your post about BAch's flower healing and wondering your thoughts on the holistic healing process...

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I'm so sorry you're still having difficulties. Radar is so lucky to have such a wonderful family that cares about him. I feel like someone had said they had to do something similar with their dogs, but I don't remember exactly which thread it was on...or really who it was exactly...I want to say @RalphieBoy was it you?[/QUOT

Nope not the boys.

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Keep up the amazing work, you're doing a great thing for Radar!! I will research also…just a thought, have you considered alternative therapy for pain management (acupressure/acupuncture/massage therapy)? Asking because I noticed your post about BAch's flower healing and wondering your thoughts on the holistic healing process...
I haven't tried anything else we are 60 miles from des moines where I know there are places to do it we live in small town iowa I am committed and if in our journey I need to make the trip weekly I will trying to break it all down and not overly stress radar out

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I haven't tried anything else we are 60 miles from des moines where I know there are places to do it we live in small town iowa I am committed and if in our journey I need to make the trip weekly I will trying to break it all down and not overly stress radar out

I looked into this online - boy there is not much out there regarding tripawd bullies/holistic/emotional detox. I did e-mail a few places for some insight, but I can see how this is quite a challenge for you. Is DesMoines the closest big city? I was hoping to at least find a behavioralist specializing in closer than Chicago…but they were labeled "trainer" which you already have. If I hear back from some of the contacts I will get back. Sorry I could not be of more help with this. Do you belong to tripaw.org or another online forum specializing in this?

OP
bengardradar

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
I looked into this online - boy there is not much out there regarding tripawd bullies/holistic/emotional detox. I did e-mail a few places for some insight, but I can see how this is quite a challenge for you. Is DesMoines the closest big city? I was hoping to at least find a behavioralist specializing in closer than Chicago…but they were labeled "trainer" which you already have. If I hear back from some of the contacts I will get back. Sorry I could not be of more help with this. Do you belong to tripaw.org or another online forum specializing in this?
I am half way between Des Moines, IA and Omaha NE and there is nothing in either state or even MO that is an actual behaviorist. I do belong to the tripawd forum but I think we are looking at a behavioral issue or his brain does not work right hopefully will hear back about his thyroid soon, so I can at least rule that out.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online