Teenage stage

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Last night Ruby drove me mad at bed time She sleeps in her crate upstairs with us in our room, we always allow her on the bed for an hour or so before putting her in her crate for the night & normally when we let her on the bed she just chills out & lays down, last night she decided that she wasn't chilling out she was going to be a little [emoji90] jumping on and off the bed, running under it refusing to come out after half an hour or so of this I'd had enough put her to bed thinking she'd chill out and go sleep but oh no She had other ideas she spent the next two hrs just being and absolute bratt, digging at her bed (she has a soft dog mattress in there) lifting it up and running under it, winging for no reason, thinking she needed a wee I got up took her out but nope she was just being a bratt - it all started again the minute I put her back in her bed, tried covering her up that didn't help.

She was just like having a bratty teenager around the house boy was I glad when she fell asleep - is she going through some sort of teenage years or just testing her boundaries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
She must have talked to Bella. Goodness, I've had my fill over the past couple of weeks! :hissy2::chapped:

My my life has been "Bella...Bella...BELLA...BELLAAAA!!!" for the past little while. LOL

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
She must have talked to Bella. Goodness, I've had my fill over the past couple of weeks! :hissy2::chapped:

My my life has been "Bella...Bella...BELLA...BELLAAAA!!!" for the past little while. LOL

Haha Cali doll so glad I'm not on my own with this one, I'm constantly shouting Ruby not that she takes much notice, she'l look, stop for a little while then start again argh these Bulldogs sure no how to test you

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Ruby? At around 15 mths they start to go through the teenage stage nd around 10-12 is the second puppy spurts, at least for all mine. I am going through it with Lambeau right now, at around 9:15PM, he goes into 'holy **** it is time toplay mode!' I found that if i ignore (as much as I can) he tends to settle down quicker tan me trying to get him to stop

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
How old is Ruby? At around 15 mths they start to go through the teenage stage nd around 10-12 is the second puppy spurts, at least for all mine. I am going through it with Lambeau right now, at around 9:15PM, he goes into 'holy **** it is time toplay mode!' I found that if i ignore (as much as I can) he tends to settle down quicker tan me trying to get him to stop

This is 2nd puppy phase?? Sheesh! I am to the point of being embarrassed to take her anywhere. She might flip the $&@! out in public!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
This is 2nd puppy phase?? Sheesh! I am to the point of being embarrassed to take her anywhere. She might flip the $&@! out in public!

I can always come take her off your hands for a few days :D

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I must be crazy.......I miss all that silly stuff!:(

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Frank went straight from puppy phase to grumpy old man phase.

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby

She's 17month I wonder if she's hitting her teenage stage late, I never had this at 15months with her, how long does the teenage stage last roughly?

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
Curly is almost 2.5 years and he hasn't gotten out of the teen years yet [emoji31]

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She's 17month I wonder if she's hitting her teenage stage late, I never had this at 15months with her, how long does the teenage stage last roughly?

Depends on the dog and you.... You may have to go back to basics with them --- they really push the envelope

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Sometimes they just get the zoomies and there is no stopping it! I'm staying with a friend who has two kids while I get settled in Florida, the dogs know the upstairs part of the house is off limits because it's the kids' playroom and bedrooms with little toys and other hazards everywhere. While I was cooking dinner, Ruckus stealthily scrambled upstairs TWICE and returned with one of the little girl's prized stuffed animals each time.....bad boy!

OP
ruby

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Depends on the dog and you.... You may have to go back to basics with them --- they really push the envelope

Thanks I think we're going to have to take her back to basics as she is really pushing her boundaries lately the past couple of nights she's thrown a few hissy fits

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.