Vabulldog

Nov 11, 2015
Richmond, Va.
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Hello everyone,
I'm not super focused on the weight of my dog, I want him to be healthy and have energy. I also want to make sure he gets off to a good start in life. My boy, Bruce is 9lbs and is 11 weeks old today. Should I be concerned with his weight. He was quite a bit smaller than some of his other litter-mates, but not the smallest. This is him here (on the right of course).

Bruce is on TOTW. He seems to eat pretty well except for first thing in the morning. His stool is a work in progress. It's not perfect but is getting there.

20151113_123423.jpg

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That is quite petite for a 11 week old. But bulldogs do come in very different sizes and shapes. My guys were about 13lbs at 8 weeks and they're not huge bulldogs. I would take him to see a vet just in case.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
He looks absolutely perfect to me. Just like people dogs come in all different sizes, what is normal for one, is different for another. The best way to determine if your dog is a good weight is to stand over your dog, and view him from above, he should have a well defined waist, and you should be able to feel his ribs, but not see them. Your vet will also be able to let you know if your dog is overweight or not. It is best for EBs to not be overweight because it helps their breathing and is better for their hips and joints.

these are my guys Bulldozer and Blossom, they are both 4 years old, and are on the smaller size, they both weigh 45 lbs. Blossom looks bigger and stockier than her brother Bulldozer who has a leaner body type, and Blossoms chest is bigger than Dozers.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    648.6 KB · Views: 560
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    663 KB · Views: 734
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 509
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    634.5 KB · Views: 708
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 545

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
OH!! Take it all in, they don't stay small long enough…I just wanna scoop him right up and squuuueeeeze those pajama wrinkles!!!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
He looks Great to me, he is Precious, and so is your other Baby with him.

OP
Vabulldog

Vabulldog

Nov 11, 2015
Richmond, Va.
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Bruce won't be little for long, his appetite is growing as he gets more comfortable at our home! Have a great weekend everyone.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Bruce won't be little for long, his appetite is growing as he gets more comfortable at our home! Have a great weekend everyone.

They really do grow FAST! In a blink of an eye, you have a great weekend too, thank you.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
:hiii::peekaboo::welcome:Bruce can see you are going to break hearts, glad you found us so much info and support and always a story and picture to ponder. Look forward to hearing your tales and watching Bruce grow.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
It sounds small compared to the average, but he looks fine to me. He might just be a smaller bulldog. My 2.5 year old bulky Ruckus is 65 pounds and his head is huge. My 7.5 month old puppy is quite a bit smaller than Ruckus was at the same age. She was barely 9 pounds when we picked her up from the breeder.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello everyone,
I'm not super focused on the weight of my dog, I want him to be healthy and have energy. I also want to make sure he gets off to a good start in life. My boy, Bruce is 9lbs and is 11 weeks old today. Should I be concerned with his weight. He was quite a bit smaller than some of his other litter-mates, but not the smallest. This is him here (on the right of course).

Bruce is on TOTW. He seems to eat pretty well except for first thing in the morning. His stool is a work in progress. It's not perfect but is getting there.

View attachment 93378

OMG.... he is just precious!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.