Does your bully not do well when his routine gets mixed up?

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester is used to no one being home all day.. therefore - the king of the hill sleeps all day Zzzz and when we get home he's a pistol until about 10pm. Well, on the weekends, or weeks like this one - where the kids have off of school.. by 6pm he care BARELY stay awake and he pushing his way onto the recliner by me and wanting to lay out, spread across my lap and sleep all evening :rolleyes:

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
Jozi went to Doggy Day care for 3 days and it has taken her
3 days to get back to normal. The daycare is great and 2 great
women run it. But I was honestly about to go down there and
ask what they had done to her. I think they are just a little more
sensitive than most dogs. At least Jozi is.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
The weekends definately throw Vegas his normal morning routine goes from 7 a.m. to about 8:30 when I get up, but I hear him moving around still around 7, he eats a later breakfast, but still demands his dinner at 5:30 instead of a little later. He is awake more, but then again still goes in by himself to bed around 9:30.

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy is used to a varying routine in the day but meal times and nap times are kept routine.
I work shifts with 2days off in 7...these are never the same days every wk.
Mostly she goes to work with chris, but if i have days off in the week she stays home with me,
Chris doesnt work wkend so she is home then with him and connor.
Her morning routine is constant whatever her day brings, home or work, as is her evening routine.

But if we go to her grannys for a visit in the evening that throws her totally :)

Buldogs seem to be creatures of habit and like babies they will rebel if their routine is upset :lol:

Miss Molly

Feb 18, 2011
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus
Chester is used to no one being home all day.. therefore - the king of the hill sleeps all day Zzzz and when we get home he's a pistol until about 10pm. Well, on the weekends, or weeks like this one - where the kids have off of school.. by 6pm he care BARELY stay awake and he pushing his way onto the recliner by me and wanting to lay out, spread across my lap and sleep all evening :rolleyes:

Oh totally! My last bulldog General liked to get his beauty rest during the day, especially as he got older. When we were home during the day or on the weekends, he'd act like we didn't have any right to be there disturbing HIS sleeptime!! And he'd hightail back to the bedroom and sleep all day, as though we weren't even there. LOL

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)

HOW FUNNY!! Maggie is exactly the same!!! It is very obvious that she spends her week days sleeping, although when it comes to the evenings bed time can never be TOO early. I think she just loves sleeping in general!!

However, at weekends when there is somebody home 24/7 she feels obliged to follow one of us from room to room in case she misses out on something so by early evening she is exhausted!

Now, Daddy is a different story altogether at the moment. I can't wait for this snow to go away so we can finally take him out for a good walk because he is just bouncing off the walls day and night! He is driving the other dogs crazy as well as me!! :eek: :crazy:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.