I need advice about my bulls hips and if I shouldn't let her jump up on my bed couch ?

Iluvdaisy

Nov 12, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Hey I have my bully she's five I read a lot about bulldogs having bad hips. And like I have a English x french and a little french x Boston but with frenglish she looks like a English in every way but she sleeps in my bed she can't handle being anywhere other then right beside me so she jumps on my bed and if I go pee she jumps down and comes with me everywhere same with my couch and I am afraid her hips from all the jumping she does will go out I try no to lift her as much but I can't help a lot of the time. Will that jumping take its toll on her? Or what should I do does anyone have any advice? Should I just always try and lift her ? Shes my angle I love her more then anyone person thanks :) 1447859977919335280080.jpg

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=15062]Iluvdaisy[/MENTION] As your dog gets older,jumping on and off will definitely take it's toll on her joints. You could buy some doggie steps, and try to teach her to use them,or a ramp, though it is hard sometimes to get them to use it, after always been jumping. You could even put your mattress on the floor. Giving her joint supplements now, may help with protecting joints from getting arthritic .

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Iluvdaisy As your dog gets older,jumping on and off will definitely take it's toll on her joints. You could buy some doggie steps, and try to teach her to use them,or a ramp, though it is hard sometimes to get them to use it, after always been jumping. You could even put your mattress on the floor. Giving her joint supplements now, may help with protecting joints from getting arthritic .

agreed! :up:

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg002.jpg We purchased stairs for our couch and bed ( Amazon.com or CA ) there very resonable versus in the last pic elbow surgery on a Bulldog or any other Dog . The dog you see going up those stairs is now 11 and has no issues with the stairs or her joints so far , Hope this helps

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
It could take its toll on her - especially as she gets older. My dogs love jumping on furniture - getting into a hammock, so we've tried to make it as "safe" as possible for them.

We have a hammock which they all like to sleep in and we've soften their landing by putting a huge pillow under it, as such:

9b34efec75dcf4489c7317fac3c98290.jpg

Stairs are also a good idea but my guys probably would just continue to jump.

BTW - I have a Frenchton too - he is on the far left in the pic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canelospeeps

Mar 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Canelo
We have bought stairs and ramps for Canelo but Mr. Hardheaded still jumps. My sisters pug jumped into a chair last year and dislocated her hip. Since then I've focused on Canelo more not running and jumping so much. Im now looking for ramps that can handle him, he's 69 lbs and the one I bought for him said it could handle up to 70 lbs, but it moves under him so he's not comfortable with it. I gave that one to my sister, her pug is under 25 lbs and it suits her well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.