I think the glove Vegas ate, still has him upset.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
You all read yesterday about Vegas eating my glove, having it in his belly for two days and finally throwing it up yesterday, all the time acting totally normal, eating, drinking, pooping. AND me not knowing he ate it!

I fed him in two separate feedings last night to make sure his belly was settled about an hour and a half apart, and gave him no snacks. He acted fine and was actually a wild-man last night.

This morning he eats breakfast all is good, acting normal, had a normal poop. I go to work. I come home and took him out to do the usual and he struggled to poop! I could see his muscles kind of like spasaming and finally out came two hard pieces of poop normal size, he still remained in the poop position and still looked like he was having spasms....then all of a sudden it just blew out his butt, :eek: almost like a poop spray all over!! Including dripping off his butt. I kept him on the patio, came in and got baby wipes and wiped his butt real good. He came in and started running laps and was wild again.

Do you think this might be the aftermath of eating my glove?? Remember the glove had thick layers of Aquaphor attached to it. He is acting totally normal and just ate his dinner, or should I say inhaled. Very playful and full of himself. My gut tells me it is just the final getting everything out of his system, what do you think???

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
That would be my guess as well!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
I would just keep and eye on Him. After Mocha vomited the sock, she was kind of tierd,so I let her rest ,I remember her having a little bit of diarrhea.But after a few hours She was back to normal. I hope this helps you put your mind at ease.:hug:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I am sure he just needed to burst after having a cork in his system for 3 days! :eek: Kinda like a shaken champagne bottle!

bulldogcrazytime

Apr 23, 2010
If he isn't better very soon I would take him in to get checked. My girl, Gypsy, ate a 6 Nerf darts last summer and luckily threw them up but still was sick so I took her in. She ended up having to have her abdomen and intestines opened up and cleaned out because she had peritonitis from the damage the darts did going in and then going out. She was in the vet's office for 3 days on IV antibiotics and then 14 days at home. Thank God it ended up okay but the vet said if we had waited another 24 hours we probably would have lost her.

I am not trying to freak you out but it is better safe than sorry.

Good luck and I hope your bully is better quickly!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
yep aquaphor would do that I can imagine. Hopefully that is his only explosion. He must have felt so much better after. lol poor boy!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
I think he will be fine. My guess.. it's the Aquaphor - remember, glycerin suppositories are what humans use. His gut may have slowed down because nothing was passing correctly - so the hard stool..and now that his gut is moving again, especially with the Aquaphor - it had some force behind it. If he's acting OK.. no blood in his stool..etc. I think he'd be fine. Poor Vegas!!! :luv:

staclyn

Jan 27, 2011
Milford, OH
Bulldog(s) Names
Millie
Got a question.....It is the breed that can't handle foreign things in their digestive track????? I have a Jack Russel that can tolerate just about anything, but if Mille gets ahold of something that is not edible she throws it up within a day. Just curious?????

wfd38383

Community Veteran
Jul 26, 2010
Southeast, Ma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Guinness
thats usually what happens to me after a long night of consuming adult beverages and then eating fast food....vegas is good ;)

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
I liked the "cork in the bottle" theory. (Made me think of the old joke about the guy who wanted to feel like he'd gone thru labor and had a baby, so he put a cork in his butt and took laxatives. I'm sure you know it). Anyway, back to Vegas. I think he'll be fine. Boy these guys sure can get themselves into some jams, huh?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.