Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So happy that her surgery went well. I have had many,many females spayed, and they have never had pain meds. If it is making her sick, don't give it to her.

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
So happy that her surgery went well. I have had many,many females spayed, and they have never had pain meds. If it is making her sick, don't give it to her.

Thank you!! Yea- we are just letting her rest for now. I just boiled some chicken, so hopefully she'll keep that down. I just want her to be as comfortable as possible.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Healing postive thoughts, Penny sweetest!

MissWaddles13

Jan 17, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Pork Chop (2009-2019) Bruschi
Hope it all went well[emoji120]🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hope Penny is feeling good today!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So we think her pain meds are upsetting her belly. She's thrown up about 6 times since yesterday evening. I'm going to boils some chicken around lunch time for her and see how she holds that down. If she does well with that then the vets is going to give us tramidol instead. Right now though she's so tired and won't leave our lap. She doesn't even want to lay beside us- she wants us to hold her. My poor baby! She reminds me of a little child when they don't feel good and all they want is their mom or dad to cuddle them. Atleast she's finally getting some sleep.

View attachment 93386

Is she feeling any better today?

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Is she feeling any better today?

Today we have diarrhea. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. Great appetite - which I'm giving her small frequent meals today. Yesterday I have her boiled chicken at 1130, 245 pm and chicken with rice at 530. My husband slept woth her in the living room bc she was whining in her crate bc of her cone- she hates it! Well he woke up about 1230 to diarrhea all over the tile Infront of the mantel. Got it all cleaned, cone back on and in her crate. Up at 5 and more diarrhea. Ever since then we've taken her out every 1-2 hours and it's all diarrhea. Today I'm feeding her her regular kibble. But smaller portions (1/2 of what she normally eats every 6 hours). No more vomiting - and we've been able to pretty much keep her on the couch with me today. Although, I can't do much bc she will get up and follow me if I get up. So her potty breaks are my potty breaks. Lol If the diarrhea doesn't get better by morning I'm calling the vet. THey open at 9. I just want my baby to get better.
I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers!!! You guys are amazing!

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Today we have diarrhea. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. Great appetite - which I'm giving her small frequent meals today. Yesterday I have her boiled chicken at 1130, 245 pm and chicken with rice at 530. My husband slept woth her in the living room bc she was whining in her crate bc of her cone- she hates it! Well he woke up about 1230 to diarrhea all over the tile Infront of the mantel. Got it all cleaned, cone back on and in her crate. Up at 5 and more diarrhea. Ever since then we've taken her out every 1-2 hours and it's all diarrhea. Today I'm feeding her her regular kibble. But smaller portions (1/2 of what she normally eats every 6 hours). No more vomiting - and we've been able to pretty much keep her on the couch with me today. Although, I can't do much bc she will get up and follow me if I get up. So her potty breaks are my potty breaks. Lol If the diarrhea doesn't get better by morning I'm calling the vet. THey open at 9. I just want my baby to get better.
I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers!!! You guys are amazing!

Poor girl.... can you leave the cone off? Most times they do not bother the area? Have you added some pure canned pumpkin to her food, like a tablespoon? it can help firm up the poo

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Poor girl.... can you leave the cone off? Most times they do not bother the area? Have you added some pure canned pumpkin to her food, like a tablespoon? it can help firm up the poo

Yes, we've been able to keep the cone off most of the time. Yesterday she went 6 hours between diarrhea spells. It got a little thicker through the day. Last night me and my husband camped out in the living room, alarm set every 2 hours to take her outside. She didn't have anymore diarrhea episodes all night, and this morning after her breakfast, I got soft poop! HALLELUJAH!!! I was going to get some purée pumpkin today if the diarrhea wasn't any better. This morning she really seems back to her old self! She slept well last night- mostly cuddled right in my arms. But it seems like we are on the upside of this now. Hopefully we got all her surgeries out of the way. This girl does not handle the after effects of surgery very well. Lol. It's been a LONG couple of days for us. Atleast we have a 6 month buffer before Lockjaws gets neutered. I think we will be a little more prepared then. Lol

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, we've been able to keep the cone off most of the time. Yesterday she went 6 hours between diarrhea spells. It got a little thicker through the day. Last night me and my husband camped out in the living room, alarm set every 2 hours to take her outside. She didn't have anymore diarrhea episodes all night, and this morning after her breakfast, I got soft poop! HALLELUJAH!!! I was going to get some purée pumpkin today if the diarrhea wasn't any better. This morning she really seems back to her old self! She slept well last night- mostly cuddled right in my arms. But it seems like we are on the upside of this now. Hopefully we got all her surgeries out of the way. This girl does not handle the after effects of surgery very well. Lol. It's been a LONG couple of days for us. Atleast we have a 6 month buffer before Lockjaws gets neutered. I think we will be a little more prepared then. Lol

:whew: poor girl, the meds must really cause her system to go into a spin. hugs to you all

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
A lot of times it can be the anesthesia as well. Hope she is doing better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.