Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Penny's havin surgery today.

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Is she feeling any better today?
    Today we have diarrhea. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. Great appetite - which I'm giving her small frequent meals today. Yesterday I have her boiled chicken at 1130, 245 pm and chicken with rice at 530. My husband slept woth her in the living room bc she was whining in her crate bc of her cone- she hates it! Well he woke up about 1230 to diarrhea all over the tile Infront of the mantel. Got it all cleaned, cone back on and in her crate. Up at 5 and more diarrhea. Ever since then we've taken her out every 1-2 hours and it's all diarrhea. Today I'm feeding her her regular kibble. But smaller portions (1/2 of what she normally eats every 6 hours). No more vomiting - and we've been able to pretty much keep her on the couch with me today. Although, I can't do much bc she will get up and follow me if I get up. So her potty breaks are my potty breaks. Lol If the diarrhea doesn't get better by morning I'm calling the vet. THey open at 9. I just want my baby to get better.
    I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers!!! You guys are amazing!
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Great News update.
    Hug your bully today

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Today we have diarrhea. She doesn't seem to be in any pain. Great appetite - which I'm giving her small frequent meals today. Yesterday I have her boiled chicken at 1130, 245 pm and chicken with rice at 530. My husband slept woth her in the living room bc she was whining in her crate bc of her cone- she hates it! Well he woke up about 1230 to diarrhea all over the tile Infront of the mantel. Got it all cleaned, cone back on and in her crate. Up at 5 and more diarrhea. Ever since then we've taken her out every 1-2 hours and it's all diarrhea. Today I'm feeding her her regular kibble. But smaller portions (1/2 of what she normally eats every 6 hours). No more vomiting - and we've been able to pretty much keep her on the couch with me today. Although, I can't do much bc she will get up and follow me if I get up. So her potty breaks are my potty breaks. Lol If the diarrhea doesn't get better by morning I'm calling the vet. THey open at 9. I just want my baby to get better.
    I really appreciate all the kind thoughts and prayers!!! You guys are amazing!

Poor girl.... can you leave the cone off? Most times they do not bother the area? Have you added some pure canned pumpkin to her food, like a tablespoon? it can help firm up the poo
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Poor girl.... can you leave the cone off? Most times they do not bother the area? Have you added some pure canned pumpkin to her food, like a tablespoon? it can help firm up the poo
    Yes, we've been able to keep the cone off most of the time. Yesterday she went 6 hours between diarrhea spells. It got a little thicker through the day. Last night me and my husband camped out in the living room, alarm set every 2 hours to take her outside. She didn't have anymore diarrhea episodes all night, and this morning after her breakfast, I got soft poop! HALLELUJAH!!! I was going to get some purée pumpkin today if the diarrhea wasn't any better. This morning she really seems back to her old self! She slept well last night- mostly cuddled right in my arms. But it seems like we are on the upside of this now. Hopefully we got all her surgeries out of the way. This girl does not handle the after effects of surgery very well. Lol. It's been a LONG couple of days for us. Atleast we have a 6 month buffer before Lockjaws gets neutered. I think we will be a little more prepared then. Lol
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

5. Likes savemejeebus liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Yes, we've been able to keep the cone off most of the time. Yesterday she went 6 hours between diarrhea spells. It got a little thicker through the day. Last night me and my husband camped out in the living room, alarm set every 2 hours to take her outside. She didn't have anymore diarrhea episodes all night, and this morning after her breakfast, I got soft poop! HALLELUJAH!!! I was going to get some purée pumpkin today if the diarrhea wasn't any better. This morning she really seems back to her old self! She slept well last night- mostly cuddled right in my arms. But it seems like we are on the upside of this now. Hopefully we got all her surgeries out of the way. This girl does not handle the after effects of surgery very well. Lol. It's been a LONG couple of days for us. Atleast we have a 6 month buffer before Lockjaws gets neutered. I think we will be a little more prepared then. Lol
    poor girl, the meds must really cause her system to go into a spin. hugs to you all
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Nu
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Curly
    Likes (Received)

A lot of times it can be the anesthesia as well. Hope she is doing better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    check us out on Instagram: nu__berry (that's two under scrolls)

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Sending Love and Hugs to Precious Penny.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads