Help need advice on if both my bulldogs breathing is OK? Il explane

Iluvdaisy

Nov 12, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Ever since I got both my bulldogs sometimes if seems cause there pushed in noses they struggle for air both of em do it from time to time the sit up and you hear like there trying to suck in air but they can't for five to eight loud noses then its like it stops and there OK they have both done it since puppy's and there five and six years old its gotten better but sometimes over the years as there struggling to breath threw there nose I've gotten really worried but it always stops and there fine but when they do it its loud. Does anyone know of this problem with there's? Is there anything that can help them out I so.etimes try to push down on there most to stright en out there nose I just don't ever want this to happen and there's nothing I can do. I feel helpless but they always seem threw struggling to fix it anyadvice please? Thank you

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
Bulldogs are usually noisy breathers because of their faces.Have you ever had their Nares or palettes checked to see if there's an issue? Our girl had her Nares done because they were so small

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bulldogs are usually noisy breathers because of their faces.Have you ever had their Nares or palettes checked to see if there's an issue? Our girl had her Nares done because they were so small

:goodpost: I agree, have their nares and palates checked by an experienced bully vet!!!

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
Ever since I got both my bulldogs sometimes if seems cause there pushed in noses they struggle for air both of em do it from time to time the sit up and you hear like there trying to suck in air but they can't for five to eight loud noses then its like it stops and there OK they have both done it since puppy's and there five and six years old its gotten better but sometimes over the years as there struggling to breath threw there nose I've gotten really worried but it always stops and there fine but when they do it its loud. Does anyone know of this problem with there's? Is there anything that can help them out I so.etimes try to push down on there most to stright en out there nose I just don't ever want this to happen and there's nothing I can do. I feel helpless but they always seem threw struggling to fix it anyadvice please? Thank you

I think what your referring to is commonly called reverse sneezing and any dog does it it just seems a lot louder in our bulldogs :) As far as I know it doesn't harm them in any way and there isn't anything you can really do about it sometimes with my guys if you distract them it will stop but it usually doesn't last long enough to worry about.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
one of my bulldogs did this before.. only once that i have seen her do it but my husbands dogs, the yorkies, (yeah i call the bulldogs mine..lol) when they get excited they do it often... its usually just one of them.. or if she goes out in the cold.. i read once if you blow in their face or nose area they will quit but never tried it.. i couldn't do it because she hates for you to blow in her face when shes not doing it..

OP
I

Iluvdaisy

Nov 12, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Its such a wierd sound it maybe 'reverse sneazing' like you where saying Tracey lynn. It's the sound kinda like if a humen tries to hock a lugie gross I know lol like when your trying to get stuff from the back of your nose to spite it out but they do it six seven times and it sounds not good but both my little girl and big girl do it since they where young. With what you other guys where saying nares and pallet s mine are five and six now if there was a problem with those would it have already happened ? Or can they have problems that start showing when there older would it show up? Thanks for your time live this site learning so much about our beloved bullys :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
If you can take pictures of their noses,, we can tell if it is their nares or not. For reverse sneezing, if you cover their nostrils for a few seconds, it will stop it. Sometimes allergies can cause it,also. [MENTION=15062]Iluvdaisy[/MENTION]

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.