madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
does anyone else feel like their bulldog is VERY dramatic? (I already know this will be a resounding yes... haha)

frank is such a diva. It makes me laugh but also makes me wonder, where did I go wrong with him?? We went through a lot of consistent, positive reinforcement training, and he didnā€™t pick a whole lot up. We are still working on 'come' to this day. I donā€™t think heā€™s dumb, I know heā€™s very intelligent, frighteningly so, because he knows how to play me so well. I know bullies are stubborn but frank is to a fault. He will hold out until he gets his way. If I say no or tell him to get down, he hefts a big sigh, throws a dirty look my way, and slowwllyyy does what I ask. They are so human-like. I swear frank has rolled his eyes at me.

Iā€™ve tried to make giving ear drops/cleaning/fold wiping a positive experience, but best believe when I even grab the zymox bottle, he acts like heā€™s dying. Tell him it's time for a bath? It's the end of the world! He really does have a flair for the dramatic. He also jumps at random noises. Set the remote down on the coffee table, frank freakout. bang a pot in the kitchen, frank freakout. unload the dishwasher, frank freakout. wear a towel on my head after a shower, ā€˜omg who is this dangerous stranger in my houseā€™ frank freakout.

this is my first bulldog, and Iā€™d always heard how they are unlike every other breed, but you really do have to own one before you understand what that means. We put up with all of these interesting little quirks in exchange for one of the most unique pet owner experiences, and a bond that Iā€™ve personally never had with an animal before.

that being said. I am hooked. I canā€™t see myself owning anything but a bully for the rest of my life.

frank.jpg
he farted as I took this picture

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Frank...good boy...you know exactly what to do when your picture is taken. I do the same thing. Yep...that's what I do...You think I was the "Spleen" from the movie Mystery Men. :yes:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: this post is hysterical!

It is so very true.... they are not stubborn... they are thinking - 'so, is that treat worth doing what they are asking - :ponder: ??? that is what is happening. I am with you, I swear Banks used to roll her eyes and bitch under her breath every time we told her no or to move from a spot. Little toddlers in fur coats

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am laughing as I read this. Brutus is such a Diva!! He is absolutely neurotic, which makes me love him sooo sooo much! We bought a christmas tree yesterday so I decided to just put it up in the living room since Christmas is right around the corner. Brutus actuall hid while we brought it in and assembled it. Then later that night Gary had brought my treadmill upstairs from the basement so I could easily use it. Frankie jumped on it while it was on like the devil he is, and Brutus ran like his tushie was on fire to the furthest corner of the house! Bulldogs are really humans in disguise. You cannot convince me otherwise.

Sheena

Community Veteran
May 18, 2013
Northwest Indiana
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Haha! This is so true. I was just cracking up as I read this. Its crazy how they act. I try to explain it to people on how they have such a different kind of personality... You def have to own one to really understand. lol Daisy does her own thing most of the time. Like I legit cant get her to do things that I want her to do. She has a few commands that she knows and will listen to... But nothing to really benefit me... Like Stay. I really wish she would learn that one... But I dont see that happening. :p

Most Reactions