English Bulldog crossed with French Bulldog breeding info???

Iluvdaisy

Nov 12, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
I was wondering if anyone had info about weather breeding a french bully to a English bully is a bad idea. I have a English bulldog that was crossed with a french bulldog she looks like a English maybe a tiny bit shorter she weighs 53 pounds. Has anyone out there have any info weather it affects there health at all? Like is this a bad idea to breed like that? Is there any advantages or disadvanteges that you guys and girls can help me out with? She is a very beautiful bulldog she's loyal loving protective
She's my best friend :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged some members that might be able to give you some advice on this topic... two are breeders and on has a French/English mix

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
040.jpgChance Schimpf.jpg
Hi this is Chance, English / French Bulldog he will be 2 in the end of April
His nose is slightly longer and there are no breathing issues or drooling. The vet was very happy with his joints and he has a gay tail so no tail pocket. Has been in great shape no worries thus far.
I know of another person whom has the same but brindle and we both think highly of our dogs / loved ones and in the future would get a mix again. I often get compliments and inquiries on Chance he looks like an English but with his ears up is mistaken for a very large Frenchie.
The only problem is finding clothing that fits - not a worry at all but had to have one.
Hope this helps if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask
I really lucked out with my boy and am very happy that you and your girl appear the same would love to see a pic or two or a thousand Lol :yes:

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My opinion:
I'm not an advocate for cross breeding unless it is a long-term well-managed crossbreeding program designed for specific purposes.

Mixed dogs outside of this managed environment are unpredictable. Getting a good dog out of it is luck of the draw.

As far as I know, there is no official breeding program for French to English mixes. None of the major clubs have any applications for a breed rooted in French and English mixes either.

So, nobody can really tell you what established characteristics you will get from a French/English mix. Each one could display differing characteristics. If you're looking for a French to English mix, try to pick reputable breeders that have an established breeding program with a consistent result. This is achieved by breeding only the dogs with the desired characteristics. It would be more desirable if the breeder gives you some plan of action if your specific dog deviates from these target characteristics.

Hope this helps.

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
View attachment 93227View attachment 93228
Hi this is Chance, English / French Bulldog he will be 2 in the end of April
His nose is slightly longer and there are no breathing issues or drooling. The vet was very happy with his joints and he has a gay tail so no tail pocket. Has been in great shape no worries thus far.
I know of another person whom has the same but brindle and we both think highly of our dogs / loved ones and in the future would get a mix again. I often get compliments and inquiries on Chance he looks like an English but with his ears up is mistaken for a very large Frenchie.
The only problem is finding clothing that fits - not a worry at all but had to have one.
Hope this helps if you have anymore questions please feel free to ask
I really lucked out with my boy and am very happy that you and your girl appear the same would love to see a pic or two or a thousand Lol :yes:

Omg so cute !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
006.JPG [MENTION=15062]Iluvdaisy[/MENTION] This is a photo of my Fr/English mix.who recently passed away. As [MENTION=11086]schimpfy[/MENTION] dog Chance, got more of the English;Carlie took more after her dad, who was a Frenchie. If you are happy with your dog-that is what matters. Breeding is a 24/7 undertaking, and if you are thinking of that, research all you can before you decide.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I do not agree with it, and as far as I'm concerned it should not be done. as far as health problems, it all depends on the line and genetics of both dogs, just like in the pure bred dogs. People should only breed to the breed standard unless like [MENTION=2874]anatess[/MENTION] said, it is a long-term well-managed crossbreeding program designed for specific purpose.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
I was wondering if anyone had info about weather breeding a french bully to a English bully is a bad idea. I have a English bulldog that was crossed with a french bulldog she looks like a English maybe a tiny bit shorter she weighs 53 pounds. Has anyone out there have any info weather it affects there health at all? Like is this a bad idea to breed like that? Is there any advantages or disadvanteges that you guys and girls can help me out with? She is a very beautiful bulldog she's loyal loving protective
She's my best friend :)
Hi my Wheezie is half and half and she's had fewer issues than our Olde English boy she'll be 3 in February. She has had her Nares done and one utility but that's it knock on wood.Heres a pic of her.uploadfromtaptalk1447700036599.jpguploadfromtaptalk1447700095329.jpg

OP
I

Iluvdaisy

Nov 12, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Thanks for all your info My half french half English looks to me like a English my other is a frenchton which is a french bully x with Boston terrier there both half sisters there moms where sisters there my babies who I love more then any humen they saved my life

Attachments

• 14478310371681439191128.jpg
    14478310371681439191128.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 1,421
  • 14478312359771877390493.jpg
    14478312359771877390493.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 1,350
OP
I

Iluvdaisy

Nov 12, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
omg so cute hes so handsome :) its funny my hf English French ears are droopy where my hf french Boston has huge standing ears I put pics on the bottom. Mine are both brindle and white and there moms where sisters but my half eng x fren looks more like a English chubby big head

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.