I bet you guys are tired of these kinds of posts, but....

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
I need help. I want Chaos to be as healthy and have as much of a problem free life as possible. So he has about a half bag of his chicken soup food left. I am definately changing him, my question is this. I know Fromm puppy gold is the best, but my problem is I cannot get it anywhere locally and it scares me to have to wait for it to be shipped.(I'm a weirdo, I know) The only good rated food I can get locally is Merrick, but I noticed it was the last of the top 4. Is Merrick a decent food and does anyone else feed it?I will order if I have too, I just am errie about it. Heck, I guess I just need to order the Fromm, but it would be soooo convienient to be able to pick it up locally. But then again, when it comes to my bully, his health and well being overwrites convienience :heart:

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
sorry i dont know anything about the merrick food.... we feed ours avoderm and havent had a problem with it

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I dont recall having seen Merrick food discussed here so I cant help there. We don't, but several members do order their food online successfully but I know what you mean..... it is nice to have it available locally like we do.... of course, it is MADE about 25 miles from us too.. lol

Krisandtob

Jan 26, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty
I do not know anything about the Merrick food, but I did want to add a positive thought about ordering Fromm's from Petflow. My husband was kind of put off by having to order food and possibly running out and so forth. But, we gave it a try and we are so happy that we did. The first order arrived very quickly and since then, we have set up for the automatic delivery - it really is fantastic. Worth a try!!!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
The big question here is..........does Chaos have allergy problems........ergo........does he have ear infections or wrinkle infections on his snout? If so.......then you need to find a grain free formula.......and not worry about it's ranking. Duke uses Nature's Receipe and has had great improvement
(almost allergy free) with infections. Just spend some time reading labels at your supplier store. The best for you may not be the best for every one else.
Also you may save a few bucks. Always buy a small bag to try it out. Then if it isn't any good you can pitch it and not be out so much money.

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
he doesnt have any known allergies as of yet. and he hasnt had any ear or wrinkle infections either. he's a healthy lil pup. I'm new at this, we always fed beneful or puppy chow to my boston before we found this site and actually read about the dog foods, just a little overwhelming

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
When it comes to Fromm their 4 star nutritional formulas are better than their gold formulas, just an FYI. I PERSONALLY believe that nutrition is the key to any ones or animals health. Because EB's are prone to a variety of health problems I take Samson's diet very seriously. So if I were you I would just order Fromm from petflow, one of the 4 star nutritional formulas like the surf & turf, salmon a la veg, beef frittata, etc. I didn't want to have to order Samson's food either but it was the only way to get him the food he needs without a huge hassle so now I order from petflow and happy I made that choice. The other thing is the higher the rating the less you have to feed. So while Fromm is more expensive than Natural Balance, Avoderm, etc you have to feed much less of the Fromm than you do the others so in the end it is WAY worth it. Just my personal opinion :) Oh and please always feel free to ask any question, no one gets tired of helping!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
I used to order from petflow and it usually came in a day or 2 from them shipping it. I think I went to the fromm site and found a local pet store that carries it :) and it's a tiny bit cheaper.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
well i was looking to make sure and it says its a 3 star which i thought it was a 4 star food hmmmmm... i did just find out about 2 weeks ago that tractor supply carries taste of the wild, not sure if your close to one of those, i have been pondering if i should switch or just stay on avoderm since hes doing good. we only feed 2 cups a day and it lasts about a month.

dont worry i stay confused with all this food stuff :LMAO:

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I'm the same way I didn't order because I want to
have it somewhere close to buy it. Lucky that I can
buy Taste of the Wild close. We have several places
that sell high end dog food. But no Fromm.

From what I have read Merrick isn't bad. There
are just some better options out there. Choosing
a dog food is SO stressful!! Its like I care more about
what my dog eats than what I eat. OK I do care about
what my dog eats more than what I eat.

Good luck on your search. Hope you figure it out soon
or Chaos will starve. :p

OP
Luvin My Bullie

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
lol bfletch13, u always make me laugh!! We do have a tractor supply, I will check on TOTW, they said they cannot special order fromm. I also read some good reviews on wellness..?..? .........................and the search continues

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I"m the same as a couple of posts already on this thread. I feed the Fromm 4* range and have been so pleased with it. We had problems finding a supplier for a long time, and so I did a lot of research on cost etc and found that petflow was definitely the cheapest way of doing it for us. I am VERY impressed with their delivery time and I like that I can schedule my deliveries for a regualr number of weeks. We always make sure the next delivery is here well before the current bag is finished. If you think you will run out before you expected, you can go online and immediately change your delivery date to a day that is sooner. Another reason why I like the Fromm 4* is that it is for all life stages - so when we got Daddy from rescue we started to change him over to the Salmon Fromm that Maggie was on over a two week period and he is doing very well on it!!

Sorry I can't be of any more help on Merrick as I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned on this site before.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I think you would find petflow to be pretty awesome. You can always adjust your future orders (dates, times, items in cart)- and remember you pay NO SALES TAX. That is usually around $5 right there. Shipping is free on orders of $59 with our coupon code ENGLISHBULLDOG too- so don't forget to enter that! It is also one less thing you have to worry about or take care of, sometimes I forget until it arrives. They also do not charge your credit card until your order ships. :up:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online