Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Not too often. If he gets muddy, or "poopy". Too much bathing will dry the natural oils in his skin. Mine always stayed clean, so they got very few baths.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I was thinking that was the case I have just read that some people do it every 3 weeks which I thought was a lot.
Unfortunately George gets muddy quite often as he is a digger and also it's quite wet and muddy on our walks at this time of year and that's just on pavements.
Thanks for the reply Lynn.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I agree with Lynn. Unless she gets dirty all over (which she really doesn't), I only bathe her maybe twice a year. But I do extra bottom wiping with wipes, cleaning her tail pocket and wrinkles.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not too often. If he gets muddy, or "poopy". Too much bathing will dry the natural oils in his skin. Mine always stayed clean, so they got very few baths.

agreed!

My guys get a bath maybe 3x a year, if that.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yes, I forgot-I do butt/vulva, and face wipes!!:blush:(no boys 'round heah!)

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
bout every 4 months then the odor is so strong you can smell them on your hands and cloths, lots of brushing to help the oils and rinse with apple cider vinegar - I add an egg to his shampoo - make it fun and he will look forward to his baths - good luck :yes:

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
bout every 4 months then the odor is so strong you can smell them on your hands and cloths, lots of brushing to help the oils and rinse with apple cider vinegar - I add an egg to his shampoo - make it fun and he will look forward to his baths - good luck :yes:

Can I ask why you rinse with apple cider vinegar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Aright thank-you didn't know it did that will give it a try next time we bath rubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online