I wish I wasn't logging in this way, send Bentley prayers please!

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
should I post this somewhere? This is what I found when I started to get concerned. I don't think it is the exact article but the information is the same.
Dog Dangers: Common Allergy Medications that are Poisoning Our Pets - The Dogington Post

"In an effort to create a one-pill solution to human allergy symptoms, drug manufacturers are adding decongestants into the mix. These decongestants, when given to a dog produce serious, often deadly side effects including increased heart rate, respiratory problems to hyperexcitability with muscle tremors, seizures, and hyperactivity. Vomiting, dilated pupils, increased body temperature, disorientation, heart rhythm abnormalities, even retinal detachment and blindness in some cases."

[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] I didn't know who to ask, is this information we can make front and center in our information articles? I feel that after sharing our drama some friends also didn't know. Who's in charge here!? :D:tongue:

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Glad to hear Bentley's doing good. I would of been scared out of my mind too.

Any allergy med. with the "-D" at the end of the name means it has a decongestant. Like Claritin-D, Allegra-D. We can't use them for our pups because like you learned, they can be deadly.

You can send a pm to [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] . She's the mod for the "Your Bulldog's Health" Subforum and ask her to do a sticky. Or just post the info. yourself there and ask her to sticky it :)

Members online

No members online now.