I wish I wasn't logging in this way, send Bentley prayers please!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awesome.... So happy he is better and coming home to you

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Wonderful news so happy he is coming home give Bently a big kiss from me and Ftse

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm just now seeing this… I'm SO glad that everything worked out for Bentley. Please don't blame yourself, I have a rule of thumb since I've been thru this SO many times when my dogs leave the hospital. MAKE THEM WRITE IT DOWN… whatever meds, dosages, etc… That way nothing is lost in translation. Half the time I have my grandson w/me, and I'm too busy keeping him under control to comprehend what is going on.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
So happy everything turned out ok! Mistakes happen! You're a wonderful mom to Bentley, there's no doubt about that. :no:

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
So glad he's better and coming home, Krista! Well, I guess he's home by now! Give him a big kiss and hug from Winnie and me! You're a great mom -- no more worries!

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
sorry just got caught up on the post.. i hope all is ok with bentley now.. glad you got in to vet in time.. not your fault.. you sound like a great bulldoggie mom..

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww I'm just reading this now, and I'm so sorry you went through this with Bentley. I'm so glad he's okay, and is coming home where he belongs. Don't beat yourself up, we all do our best for our babies, and we are all human, so we make mistakes. You're a great bully mom, and you did the right thing bringing him to the vet when you did. He's going to be fine, and you can relax now. Sending hugs your way.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
I am so Happy that Bentley is coming home, we all make mistakes, he is going to be Fine, he has a Great Mom who Loves him so much.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
I have forgotten instructions also. I had Macon at the vet every week when I first adopted her. After her teeth surgery we went in for a check up. Her gums were flaring up with infection again. They gave me salve for her eyes and instructions for her teeth and gums and some antibiotics. 3 days later I noticed her gums were really red. That's when I remembered I was supposed to be giving her the antibiotics. I don't know how I forgot, but I did. It happens, in the frantic moments of worry we over look things. It isn't something that you should have been scalded for. I'm glad your baby is doing better. I'm also glad you called the vet and told them what happened. They need to be aware of their mistake also.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So happy the hear he's coming home and will be ok!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
How's Bentley today? I just read your thread, I'm so sorry that happened and obviously you were feeling slightly panicked and rushed after being scolded like that…I agree w/ @ddnene they should have written it down AND told you that there is more than one kind and to be careful of that because one is dangerous to dogs!! Do not be hard on yourself, you acted swiftly and noticed his behavior right away and got him help. I had no idea there were different kinds either and thank you for sharing so that we don't make a similar error…You're a good Mama! xo

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
How's Bentley today? I just read your thread, I'm so sorry that happened and obviously you were feeling slightly panicked and rushed after being scolded like that…I agree w/ @ddnene they should have written it down AND told you that there is more than one kind and to be careful of that because one is dangerous to dogs!! Do not be hard on yourself, you acted swiftly and noticed his behavior right away and got him help. I had no idea there was different kinds either and thank you for sharing so that we don't make a similar error…You're a good Mama! xo

Ditto! Happy that he is okay. Not your fault-you are a good Mama!

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Thanks everyone! I love this site. I know you all are friends, and it feels so good to know that you understand and support us. Bentley had a slow night last night. I could not keep my hands off him either! (I don't think he cared.) We snuggled. I didn't much sleep last night. I think he was overly tired. He snored a little louder than normal and I was probably being a hover mom. :ashamed: He ate a little breakfast while I was getting ready for school and tonight he is playful, and ate dinner. I think we are out of the woods.

OP
KristaB026

KristaB026

Jul 13, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
How's Bentley today? I just read your thread, I'm so sorry that happened and obviously you were feeling slightly panicked and rushed after being scolded like that…I agree w/ @ddnene they should have written it down AND told you that there is more than one kind and to be careful of that because one is dangerous to dogs!! Do not be hard on yourself, you acted swiftly and noticed his behavior right away and got him help. I had no idea there were different kinds either and thank you for sharing so that we don't make a similar error…You're a good Mama! xo

should I post this somewhere? This is what I found when I started to get concerned. I don't think it is the exact article but the information is the same.
Dog Dangers: Common Allergy Medications that are Poisoning Our Pets - The Dogington Post

"In an effort to create a one-pill solution to human allergy symptoms, drug manufacturers are adding decongestants into the mix. These decongestants, when given to a dog produce serious, often deadly side effects including increased heart rate, respiratory problems to hyperexcitability with muscle tremors, seizures, and hyperactivity. Vomiting, dilated pupils, increased body temperature, disorientation, heart rhythm abnormalities, even retinal detachment and blindness in some cases."

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.