Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I wish I wasn't logging in this way, send Bentley prayers please!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I wish I wasn't logging in this way, send Bentley prayers please!

So happy the hear he's coming home and will be ok!

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

I am so glad to hear that Bentley is okay and will be coming home! You are a great bulldog mom - don't ever forget that!
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

Poopah Scoopah Become a 4 Paw Member NewEnglandBully's Avatar
    Real Name
    Laurie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sebastion (Sea Bass)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

How's Bentley today? I just read your thread, I'm so sorry that happened and obviously you were feeling slightly panicked and rushed after being scolded like that…I agree w/ @ddnene they should have written it down AND told you that there is more than one kind and to be careful of that because one is dangerous to dogs!! Do not be hard on yourself, you acted swiftly and noticed his behavior right away and got him help. I had no idea there were different kinds either and thank you for sharing so that we don't make a similar error…You're a good Mama! xo

"Unequivocally the Sweetest"

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    How's Bentley today? I just read your thread, I'm so sorry that happened and obviously you were feeling slightly panicked and rushed after being scolded like that…I agree w/ @ddnene they should have written it down AND told you that there is more than one kind and to be careful of that because one is dangerous to dogs!! Do not be hard on yourself, you acted swiftly and noticed his behavior right away and got him help. I had no idea there was different kinds either and thank you for sharing so that we don't make a similar error…You're a good Mama! xo
    Ditto! Happy that he is okay. Not your fault-you are a good Mama!
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone! I love this site. I know you all are friends, and it feels so good to know that you understand and support us. Bentley had a slow night last night. I could not keep my hands off him either! (I don't think he cared.) We snuggled. I didn't much sleep last night. I think he was overly tired. He snored a little louder than normal and I was probably being a hover mom. He ate a little breakfast while I was getting ready for school and tonight he is playful, and ate dinner. I think we are out of the woods.

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    How's Bentley today? I just read your thread, I'm so sorry that happened and obviously you were feeling slightly panicked and rushed after being scolded like that…I agree w/ @ddnene they should have written it down AND told you that there is more than one kind and to be careful of that because one is dangerous to dogs!! Do not be hard on yourself, you acted swiftly and noticed his behavior right away and got him help. I had no idea there were different kinds either and thank you for sharing so that we don't make a similar error…You're a good Mama! xo

should I post this somewhere? This is what I found when I started to get concerned. I don't think it is the exact article but the information is the same.
    Dog Dangers: Common Allergy Medications that are Poisoning Our Pets - The Dogington Post

"In an effort to create a one-pill solution to human allergy symptoms, drug manufacturers are adding decongestants into the mix. These decongestants, when given to a dog produce serious, often deadly side effects including increased heart rate, respiratory problems to hyperexcitability with muscle tremors, seizures, and hyperactivity. Vomiting, dilated pupils, increased body temperature, disorientation, heart rhythm abnormalities, even retinal detachment and blindness in some cases."

Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by KristaB026 View Post
    should I post this somewhere? This is what I found when I started to get concerned. I don't think it is the exact article but the information is the same.
    Dog Dangers: Common Allergy Medications that are Poisoning Our Pets - The Dogington Post

"In an effort to create a one-pill solution to human allergy symptoms, drug manufacturers are adding decongestants into the mix. These decongestants, when given to a dog produce serious, often deadly side effects including increased heart rate, respiratory problems to hyperexcitability with muscle tremors, seizures, and hyperactivity. Vomiting, dilated pupils, increased body temperature, disorientation, heart rhythm abnormalities, even retinal detachment and blindness in some cases."
    @2BullyMama @TyTysmom I didn't know who to ask, is this information we can make front and center in our information articles? I feel that after sharing our drama some friends also didn't know. Who's in charge here!?

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Glad to hear Bentley's doing good. I would of been scared out of my mind too.

Any allergy med. with the "-D" at the end of the name means it has a decongestant. Like Claritin-D, Allegra-D. We can't use them for our pups because like you learned, they can be deadly.

You can send a pm to @sheshistory . She's the mod for the "Your Bulldog's Health" Subforum and ask her to do a sticky. Or just post the info. yourself there and ask her to sticky it

10. Likes NewEnglandBully, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads