Could she be sad?

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Hello, I'm brand new here, this is my first post after my "Newbie" post. So my darling girl Joey is 5 months old. This morning she got what was really her first scolding. I don't yell, of course have NEVER hit, and really she has done nothing until this morning that would warrant yelling. I had to shoo her out of a bedroom closet (chewing on shoe lace), as I was scooting her down the hallway she started to go after my feet, something she has not done since she was 3 months old. I told her OFF and walked away, well she then lunged at my calf, did not bite or anything, but tripped me and I yelled, picked her up and said NO. Well, after that, for the next 45 minutes, she sat right by my desk in home office while I worked, every time that I looked at her the ears went back, eyes got wide, and this look I've NEVER seen before came on her face, like she was trying desperately to tell me something. I kept telling her it was OK, but she went fast asleep, slept thru lunch time. I woke her up to eat and go out. She came in and played just a bit and now is fast asleep again. I think that I hurt her feelings???? Possible??? This sweet little girl is my first EB.....Any thoughts? Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2692.jpg
    IMG_2692.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 170

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
OH she is SO cute! Mine is also very sensitive. He gets mad at me, holds a grudge…he even peed on my bed because I went away on a business trip.
Try not to feel too guilty, Mama's guilt is the WORST! She'll be okay. Her feelings probably did get hurt, extra playful and doesn't know boundaries yet…give her some extra treats tonight and a little extra affection, she'll forget all about it (in a few days lol) stubborn little suckers.
She probably got extra sleepy because she's just a playful little puppy…I'm sure she knows you're a good Mama!!
Welcome to EBN. Can't wait to see pics! She really is so SWEETfaced :heart::heart:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Oh thank you soooooo much, that makes me feel MUCH BETTER. Mama guilt was getting me bummed out.......Thank you for the kind words!!!!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is an absolute doll! I know exactly what look you're talking about too, it tears you up. imho they are the closest things to a human baby and the best. :)

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Hello, I'm brand new here, this is my first post after my "Newbie" post. So my darling girl Joey is 5 months old. This morning she got what was really her first scolding. I don't yell, of course have NEVER hit, and really she has done nothing until this morning that would warrant yelling. I had to shoo her out of a bedroom closet (chewing on shoe lace), as I was scooting her down the hallway she started to go after my feet, something she has not done since she was 3 months old. I told her OFF and walked away, well she then lunged at my calf, did not bite or anything, but tripped me and I yelled, picked her up and said NO. Well, after that, for the next 45 minutes, she sat right by my desk in home office while I worked, every time that I looked at her the ears went back, eyes got wide, and this look I've NEVER seen before came on her face, like she was trying desperately to tell me something. I kept telling her it was OK, but she went fast asleep, slept thru lunch time. I woke her up to eat and go out. She came in and played just a bit and now is fast asleep again. I think that I hurt her feelings???? Possible??? This sweet little girl is my first EB.....Any thoughts? Thank you so much!

her feelings got hurt. Often you have to put them in their place. It is all good. After all, dog's memory is only good for few minutes. So everything's forgotten and forgiven.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
I don't care what non-dog/pet people say about them not having feelings...these stinkers sure do. If they do something wrong they easily show it. They are just four legged, wrinkly people. Sometimes when Raven is begging for food and I tell her no she will grumble. I continue to converse with her and she will grumble along . Believe me they know and they sure know how to turn on the guilt. It will be fine. She is just going to let you stew a bit.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my rocky will bite my feet and i tell him No.. then he just lays his head down on my foot.. yeah, i feel the guilt because i know hes just wanting to play but he is over a year old now.. he don't realize those big teeth hurt.. don't feel bad.. we have to teach them.. or they would be like a brat kid.. lol.. shes pretty

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
You all have made me feel so much better!! Thank you! I was really, really feeling bad. I know that might sound silly, but.........I just ADORE, LOVE, CHERISH, this little one and want her to be happy too!! I am so taking her shopping tonight!
IMG_2763.jpg

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
You all have made me feel so much better!! Thank you! I was really, really feeling bad. I know that might sound silly, but.........I just ADORE, LOVE, CHERISH, this little one and want her to be happy too!! I am so taking her shopping tonight!
View attachment 93049

I know, after all, they are our little kids in a fur coat.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
View attachment 93049
That'll work! She'll forgive you, lol. Shopping at the pet store is an instant cure! Don't be afraid to put your foot down though when she does get out of line…you want a well behaved adult bully and the training starts very early. The more she is allowed to get away with the harder it will be to correct it later on…(although I think I would also have a very difficult time correcting…just LOOK at that FACE)...take yourself shopping too, you deserve it :girlyes:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN and don't be stingy with pics ;)

Yes, she might be a bit upset with you but will forget soon enough
and definitely forgive, hey...you're Mom and she looooooves you!

It's okay to scold them, they're like toddlers, they like their own way
and don't want to listen or mind. You didn't do anything wrong and
she's fine! At 5 months old, Joey is still very much a baby. And yes,
bullies ARE more sensitive than other breeds.

There's a wealth of information, knowledge & experience here, it'll
help a lot so you will feel more confident dealing with her and worry
much less.

Joey is beautiful, those are big feet to grow into, Wow!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
lol Tilly when she was Mad at Me for correcting her would face a wall or go to a corner and lie down face Me and give Me the big Brown eye look , if called would ignore Me for a couple of hours .
I never gave in , but that said if i correct any of my dogs I do not prolong the correction it is done and over with after a few minutes no matter how upset i am , say if i go to the kitchen after a correction and they follow and sit hoping for greens from the veggie chop up they get them as they have always done lol I am like you I feel guilty once I have settled down depending on the type of misdomeaner they have done . One bonus you might have done is now your pup knows you are the alpha in the relationship or that it has been reinforced again .

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Welcome to EBN!! She's so precious!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN!!

as others have told you.... they are toddlers in fur coats, very sensitve

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online