OMG he ATE my glove!!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
As a bartender my hands pretty much stay wet all day, so I bought a pair of white cotton gloves and some Aquaphor to wear to bed at night to keep them moist. I have a bad habit while I am sleeping to take them off without knowing and find them in my bed in the morning.

Two days ago I could only find one glove, I really didn't search for it figuring it was somewhere in the bed. I got my other pair out and used those.

Today I get home from work, Vegas is excited to see me and is jumping around, then stops and dry heaves, BAD!! Finally it came out, undigested breakfast, LAST nights baby carrot snacks and.....MY GLOVE!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

It has been in his belly for two days! He has acted normal, pooped normal, ate normal. I can not BELIEVE he ate it. I am THRILLED he puked it up, I remember reading one of the members [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION]??? that their bully had to have surgery because it ate it's toy!!!!

I feel so lucky it came out!!! I will definately have to keep track when I can't find one again. WOW.....I am still amazed, it was a huge pile of puke!!!!! He just went out to pee and poo and all was normal and he is acting normal right now. I hope he continues to do so for the rest of the night!!

Question.....Should I feed him his normal dinner? I just thought about that???? He is acting fine and is actually outside [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], on the patio sunning himself.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=574]TessaAndSamson[/MENTION], Oh I knew it was one of our members, did Samson act any different? How did you know? I would have NEVER known if he had not thrown it up!!! He has acted normal, pooped normal, everything for the last two days, until the gagging, and heaving....followed by a humongous pile of 2 days worth of food, snacks and a glove!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Eventually he would have acted depressed and started throwing up- because the food would not pass and he would get too full. You can feed him as normal, and he should be okay. You are smart to ask because this has happened to me several times with my two terrors Yuna and Jesse!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], I gave him half a cup a little bit ago and was going to see how that went, I thought I would wait a hour or so to give him the other half cup, BUT..........he is being TOTALLY a PITA!!!!! I think he will be just fine!!! He is EXTRA energetic running laps, bringing me every toy he owns, Barking of all things, I think he just feels so much better to get that out. I will be giving him his other half at 6 so hopefully he will nap and leave me alone!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Nope, he acted totally normal. The only reason I knew it happened was because Dave saw him swallow it. When I called the vet they said I could bring him in or wait a few days to see if he would pass it. I opted to wait hoping he would pass it, they told me to feed him more and walk him alot in an attempt to get his digestive system moving. I figured if he could swallow it that he should be able to pass it. The whole time he was still acting totally normal, peeing, normal poo, eating, drinking normal. But after a few days, nothing had come out so I knew I had to take him in. My vet wanted to induce vomiting but after they got an x-ray they said there was NO way he would be able to throw it up and surgery was necessary. Without surgery, if it was just left there it would eventually cause an infection. A massive infection would have eventually formed and killed him had the toy stayed in there. I still can't see how he swallowed that thing. Interesting part of the story is that when they removed the toy from his stomach it still squecked! AND When Samson was a puppy he chewed off the top third of a kong. I couldn't find it but didn't think much of it. Well like 2 months later he threw it up! That thing sat in his stomach that long! So needless to say I have become very protective of my boy because of these things (oh and his broken leg LOL AND bully stuff like overheating and drowning). I have learned that you have to be really careful about the things you leave out and the toys they get!

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], what is that response right after I posted, the second one???? that says # ADS???? :confused:

Hidapriscila

Feb 15, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily & Humphrey
Humphrey, my male, loves to eat socks. Especially the kids socks. He has done it probably 10 times. Thankfully, 9 times he has thrown them up and the other time, it came out the other end. He ate a matched pair one day too, they came right back up tho. He also ate an entire large rawhide flat 6 inches x 2 inches. He passed that, but we went and had him x-rayed to make sure there wasn't more in there. Needless to say, no more rawhide. And we do our best with the socks, but with three kids, two bullies, and two cats, sometimes, there's going to be socks in the floor. My cat carries them (socks) around like babies some days.

They have a trigger at the back of their tummy that tries to make them throw up when they eat something too big to digest. Obviously, it's not a perfect system, but he's managed to throw socks up anywhere up to 4-5 days after he eats them.

He too acted pretty normal (as normal as he gets) when it was in his belly. The rawhide, he was constipated for til it came out, but it was huge. I put him on a bland diet for two weeks with that to heal his gut.

Priscilla
Humphrey & Lily's momma

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
:whew: Glad he threw it up! Sounds like he's just fine now :up:

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1859]Hidapriscila[/MENTION], Welcome to the site and as you can already see, you will find many things in common with us, This is my first experience with Vegas eating something. And it sounds like you have a lot to share having two bullys!! So welcome Pricilla, Humphrey and Lily!!!

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
Hi! I am so happy He is ok! My Mocha did the same thing. We suspected she had swallowed a sock and was perfectly fine for a few days.Eating ,playing, and on the third day, she vomited the sock!! I have to be super vigillant with Her!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], what is that response right after I posted, the second one???? that says # ADS???? :confused:

The answer to that is in the 4 Paw members lounge! :p

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION], I am putting it in the mail, so you can see if it fits you, if it does please send it back!! (There might be some dog food and baby carrots attached, just brush them off!! :p) It might smell a little so please wash before mailing it back!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.