Our new Bulldog

ghost98

Nov 1, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chloe
We bought an 8 month old female English Bulldog. Our first one passed and we loved the breed so much we got another. This one is so very different than our other one. If her kennel is open she will go in, and will not come out for interaction with us unless we let her outside. If we shut the door to the kennel she will go right to the couch. She is will not come to you in the house if you call her. She is very shy I guess. And we have tried everything. Help please?????

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, and Welcome to EBN. Congratulations on your new baby Chloe. I'm so sorry about the loss of your other baby ( sorry I don't know her name ). Every bully or dog is different from each other, they all have their own personalities and quirks. How long have you had her? She is still quite young, and if you haven't had her that long, she may just be adjusting to her new home and surroundings, and may just need time and patience. Or it may just be Chloe. She may have a more timid or shy personality, and she may not be as energetic or playful as your first bully. I have two Ebs, a make Bulldozer, and a female Blossom, they are siblings and littermates, so you would think they would be similar in personality and behaviour. They have different colouring, markings and even body shape. Dozer is much leaner than Blossom, and is all Tan or Fawn in colour, and Blossom is much stockier and is mostly white with tan markings. They are nothing alike, Bulldozer is very laid back (lazy), which is why we call him Dozey. Lol. He doesn't like to walk, he loves to sleep, and he is just a big snuggle muffin. He loves to sleep beside you and snore all day. We have to bribe him with a treat just to get him to come out of his crate in the morning or to go outside. He is also not as strong as his sister, and has many health problems with food allergies and skin problems related to his allergies and immune system. Blossom has so much energy, she loves to go on long long walks, and is always in play mode, she will snuggle when she is ready and on her terms, and only when she's tired. She is totally food motivated and is the Diva, and Boss. She always tries to bully Dozer. Lol. We love both of them, and we love their different personalities. Just like human children from the same parents, each child is unique with their own looks, traits, personalities and abilities.

These are my Furballs

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.5 KB · Views: 54

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3: to EBN

take her for walks, find a toy she likes and bribe her to come out.... high value treats to get her to interact.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Welcome!!! Lots of love and treats. Just be available to her! She will come around. I also have boy/girl litter mates. Lockjaw and Penny. Lockjaw is very energetic- but cuddles on his own terms. Every morning like clockwork though when we eat breakfast, I sit on the floor by the table and he goes to get a toy and climbs in my lap. He also is much more emotional or gets his feelings hurt more than his sister. Other than that- he's not much of a cudder. Penny on the other hand is much lazier, but will fall asleep on you in a heartbeat. She will also lick your face off if you let her. She's vey docile with us, but the total boss with her brother.
The longer you have her, the closer you will become and the more you get to know her the easier it will be to bond. Hang in there!

Most Reactions