Just wondering....

Luvin My Bullie

Community Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Tuscumbia, Alabama, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chaos
so, Chaos goes to the vet Wed for his 3rd set of shots and I was wondering if hit is ok to take him on walks now. I heard he could get parvo, etc. before his system had time for all the vaccinations to get in his system. We haven't really taken him much of anywhere because of this. He is my :heart: and I can't let anything happen to him.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
I don't remember how many sets they get as pups (it's been so long) but if I remember correctly the last one is when they get rabies. After that last set he should be able to go on walks, the park, wherever else you want to go.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I say yes, after the series of three puppy shots he will have his imunities. go for it and enjoy.

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
i would err on the side of caution until he is completely finished with shots. i am a freakazoid and i didn't even let my dogs out of the house until they were finished. i even had them potty inside the house on potty pads. i just didn't want to expose them to parvo since it lives in the soil for up to two years and i lived in a condominium complex and i had no idea who has been in and out of that place in the years prior. i would say it is probably safe to walk him on sidewalks or asphalt, but keep him away from soil until his immune system is totally stable or if you are comfortable with the grass/soil. i am paranoid though. :lol:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We waited for the third shot on all of ours ....

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Belly got her 3rd set of shots a few weeks ago and the vet said she would be fine to take to the pet store for our play date with Hudson. She goes on the 1st for her rabies. Chaos should be good as gold after the 3rd set of shots. Stay out of the woods if you haven't gotten the lyme shot yet. The vet said they had a huge number of dogs testing positive for lyme in the last year.

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Our Vet mentioned that it should be 1 week after the 3rd shots before exposing... that gives their system time to react to the shot

bfletch13

Community Veteran
Dec 19, 2010
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Jozi, Wales
I waited until after Jozi had her third set as well.
But I still stayed away from areas where there
was a lot of other dog traffic. Like I didn't
and still don't take her to a dog park. Just around
the neighborhood.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.