Help needed Flying to the Philippines

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hello everyone! Need a little help here please. I'm thinking of going back to the Philippines for an indefinite stay and ofcourse Bifi must go with me. But i'm worried he might not survive the flight. If i can't bring him then i can only stay for 4 weeks ( been one stressful year for me, a change of scenery and being with my family would help heal me). Bifi gets stressed riding the car... so riding a plane, plus the long flight, add new scary noises and mommy is not there ... sigh u get the picture. I'm thinking maybe if i give him something to calm him down or make him sleep for the flight will help? what do you think? would that be safe? ofcourse with the advise of a vet. and can anyone remember one member here who flew their EB from the Philippines to the UK? i want to know how they did it and what airline they used.

Thank you very much guys! Very much appreciated!

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I've also looked into options but haven't found a solution yet. We might be running into some problems middle of next year and I thought I could move the dogs to Sweden from South Africa... but so far no luck:( I don't like the idea of taking them in cargo, I've thought about it a lot but I just don't think I can risk it. I have only found one airline from here that actually fly Bulldogs at all. Many don't, and if they do the dog have to be under two years of age. I even got a quote from a private jet company but it was madly expensive ($300 000), WHO has that kind of money:( Will follow this thread and hope you find a way:)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Sorry you are in that situation. I myself would not fly one in cargo, especially that far. Maybe find a good home for him, someone you trust to foster him until you return. That's better than loosing him in flight.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Sorry you are in that situation. I myself would not fly one in cargo, especially that far. Maybe find a good home for him, someone you trust to foster him until you return. That's better than loosing him in flight.

That's exactly what i thought so too :(. just gotta cut my stay short coz i won't be relaxing there while we're apart. Thank you very much for the sound advice David.

The dogs name is Fergie, i think... I'll dig and see if i can find her thread and screen name for you

:wiggle: found it!!! http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/members-only-board/34621-fergie-uk.html

-----thank you Christine so much!!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Whatever you do, DO NOT sedate your dog if you do decide to fly with him. It is very dangerous and most responsible airlines will not fly sedated pets even if they do accept Bulldogs in the first place. Personally I wouldn't do it. I flew Chumly from the UK to Houston and it was so stressful for him, I thought we were going to have to take him to the emergency vet immediately. It was awful. I would never do it again.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
CAn he get a seat next to you? I would call. maybe get him certified as a service dog. I would not fly him in cargo. There is a big petition going around right niw because a family lost their bulldog Molly after a flight where she was in cargo.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I'm sorry you're going through a tough time right now…sending you warm thoughts and prayers. Safe travels and I hope it all works out for you!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.