SoxMunkey

Oct 18, 2015
Orlando, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus, Spartacus
I took Spartacus to the vet and got him a through check out. So far, the bill is running me about $1K. Medications for his Cherry Eye and his ear infection seems to be taking most of the weight from my wallet. But he has had blood drawn as well and a few other tests. He's on three different eye medications, two types for his ears (a flush and drops), and two different types of pills.

His eyes are not producing tears, so the meds are to help that to happen so that the vet can do surgery for his Cherry Eyes.

Now, Spartacus has medicated shampoo for his skin that will help his hair to grow back in certain areas of his lower back. His blood count was low also.

Since his treatments, he seems to be more active and happier. His appetite is very healthy and has already gained some weight. The medication makes him super thirsty, so there's that. He's getting better... he just needs time, attention, and some medical care. Other than that, it's a process.

I really wish that I knew what had happened to him. Poor guy has been through some stuff and it is going to take a bit to get him back to where he needs to be.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thanks so much for being such a great parent. Looks as if you've got things under control. There's always the initial investment in treating their maladies, but then once they're healed (or somewhat healed), you're more knowledgeable in what to do, hence, will save some money.

I find that as long as they're happy, all the work put into them is be worth it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Baby, I'm glad he has you, and I'm sure with time, love and patience, he will heal and flourish. All the love, time and Money spent on him will be worth it, and he will give you so much more in return. I hope he feels better soon.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Not sure if you posted this before, but I was just curious what was wrong w/your baby?!! Was he a stray?!!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm glad he is feeling better. They are so appreciative when you love and take care of them.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So happy he has a great new loving home..... please keep us updated and would love to see some pictures of your boy!

OP
S

SoxMunkey

Oct 18, 2015
Orlando, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maximus, Spartacus
Not sure if you posted this before, but I was just curious what was wrong w/your baby?!! Was he a stray?!!

No, he wasn't a stray. I rescued him from "doggie prison" (the Animal Shelter). He had a number of issues with him. I am trying to deal with them one at a time. Or, as much as the bank account allows for me to do at the moment.

Bizzymammabee

Jan 12, 2012
New York City
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Raven (2011-2016), Tyson (2014-2023) & Bella
Thank you for rescuing him and giving him the love and care he deserves. I know the money can seem overwhelming but he will be worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.