Eek - Did I hear something?

Tracie

Oct 10, 2015
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pazelee
Pazelee is a scaredy cat. I think she is even afraid of her own shadow. LOL! Seriously, a bag rattles she jumps, a car engine is running she stops dead in her tracks, a kid on a bike rides by she's backing up, and on and on and on. Does anyone have some advice for breaking her of being so afraid of everything?

Thanks,

Tracie :pray:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Eh. well, it's a Bulldog thang :D

Our girl, Banks was very dominate and not afraid of any dog or human -- wave an empty trash bag and she could not get behind a couch fast enough -- inanimate objects are the devil

Lily122511

Mar 3, 2012
Westchester, New York, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily
Yup same here.
Lily is the boss in our house but she runs for the hills when she hears any loud noise.
A fire truck, fire works even if you drop a pan on the floor she off and running under the table!

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
Both boys are scared of butterflies, we cannot move anything in the house, plants and when the doorbell rings they jump up and run down the hall. It's nuts

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
One of my boys is tough as nails when it comes to other dogs no matter what the demeanour and size, but gets anxious when we go to the groomer to get a nail trim. My other guy, Punkin, is fearless. He'll have a stare down with a bee and try to snatch it with his mouth. A bee!

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Henry and Clyde are that way. Macon is older and could care less. Henry is terrified of trash bags and plastic sacks. When he was a pup he wouldn't quit chewing on the bottom step of the stairs. He rounded the corner off. I tried everything and he wouldn't stop. So I put a plastic bag on it and put a bottle there so it would stay. He never went near it again. Lol Loud noises and new things he freaks over. If there is a dog or animal or human outside that he doesn't know, he's fearless and protective. It's super cute when he tries to be tough. Clyde is afraid of shadows and new objects. He is drawn to anything that stings. He will play with a wasp until he gets stung and then plays some more. Big dogs? He will pummel. I think he would fight a bear. Rootbeer, the lab (you know, hunting dog) is so afraid of guns it's sad. If husband gets a gun out to clean or shoot his 90 pound butt is in my lap or hiding behind my legs. It's so funny what they are afraid of. I just sweet talk them and give them some lovin and they usually calm down. At first I tried to introduce the feared object to Henry. Let him know it wouldn't hurt him kind of stuff. It didn't work. As he got older, he's still afraid, but not terrified.

OP
T

Tracie

Oct 10, 2015
Maryland
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pazelee
All of you made my day. It is so great to read that Pazelee isn't the only one that is petrified by stupid stuff. I'm trying to get her to snap out of it, but we'll see how this goes.

Daisoman

Nov 10, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilo
Lol my lilo doesn't back down to anyone but is petrified of the squeaking fridge door.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
I have a friend with two rescue greyhounds (retired racing dogs) and both are quite anxious. she swears by her DAP diffuser. (dog appeasing pheromone)

I bought some of the spray to try on amazon. as I also have a nervous little guy.

Apparently you can get DAP in a collar, diffuser, or spray.
It might be a load of crap and totally useless, but I thought the price was decent and I'd give it a try.

Amazon.com : CEVA Animal Health Adaptil Appeasing Pheromone Travel Spray for Dogs, 20ml : Pet Supplies

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
My guy Thor will try to murder other dogs, and defend the house till the death, unless whoever comes in happens to have a cardboard box, then it's game over. Taco would probably lick them to death, if he could make it past the self rising lid on the trash can without getting toooo spooked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have a friend with two rescue greyhounds (retired racing dogs) and both are quite anxious. she swears by her DAP diffuser. (dog appeasing pheromone)

I bought some of the spray to try on amazon. as I also have a nervous little guy.

It might be a load of crap and totally useless, but I thought the price was decent and I'd give it a try.

Amazon.com : CEVA Animal Health Adaptil Appeasing Pheromone Travel Spray for Dogs, 20ml : Pet Supplies
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION]

ruby

Oct 19, 2014
Blackpool, uk
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruby
Ruby's the boss in our house, but you get trash bag or Hoover out and she runs for the hills, she will also bark at stuff then run and hide behind me or my hubby, she's such a wimp really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)

My vet JUST suggested using this today… Wally has been acting aggressive, and she suggested trying it. I would be curious to know if it works for you, I'm going to order it as well.

Daisoman

Nov 10, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilo

Damn about $60 for 20ml here in Canada. Please keep us updated on how your doggie reacts to it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.