Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruby
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Eek - Did I hear something?

Ruby's the boss in our house, but you get trash bag or Hoover out and she runs for the hills, she will also bark at stuff then run and hide behind me or my hubby, she's such a wimp really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by madie4589 View Post
    I have a friend with two rescue greyhounds (retired racing dogs) and both are quite anxious. she swears by her DAP diffuser. (dog appeasing pheromone)

I bought some of the spray to try on amazon. as I also have a nervous little guy.

Apparently you can get DAP in a collar, diffuser, or spray.
    It might be a load of crap and totally useless, but I thought the price was decent and I'd give it a try.

Amazon.com : CEVA Animal Health Adaptil Appeasing Pheromone Travel Spray for Dogs, 20ml : Pet Supplies
    My vet JUST suggested using this today… Wally has been acting aggressive, and she suggested trying it. I would be curious to know if it works for you, I'm going to order it as well.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilo
    Likes (Received)

I have a friend with two rescue greyhounds (retired racing dogs) and both are quite anxious. she swears by her DAP diffuser. (dog appeasing pheromone)

I bought some of the spray to try on amazon. as I also have a nervous little guy.

Apparently you can get DAP in a collar, diffuser, or spray.
    It might be a load of crap and totally useless, but I thought the price was decent and I'd give it a try.

Amazon.com : CEVA Animal Health Adaptil Appeasing Pheromone Travel Spray for Dogs, 20ml : Pet Supplies
    Damn about $60 for 20ml here in Canada. Please keep us updated on how your doggie reacts to it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    My vet JUST suggested using this today… Wally has been acting aggressive, and she suggested trying it. I would be curious to know if it works for you, I'm going to order it as well.
    I hope we both have success with this @ddnene

I was debating on getting the collar to try since it would be on him at all times. But it was a little more expensive, so I wanted to try the spray first. I am still debating on taking Frank with me up to Michigan for thanksgiving. It's a 6 hour car ride, and my parents have a very dominant sheltie who lords over frank whenever I take him. So I'm going to see how well he reacts to the DAP spray and then consider the collar if the spray actually works.

let me know how wally does!

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

I hope we both have success with this @ddnene

I was debating on getting the collar to try since it would be on him at all times. But it was a little more expensive, so I wanted to try the spray first. I am still debating on taking Frank with me up to Michigan for thanksgiving. It's a 6 hour car ride, and my parents have a very dominant sheltie who lords over frank whenever I take him. So I'm going to see how well he reacts to the DAP spray and then consider the collar if the spray actually works.

let me know how wally does!
    I ordered the collar per what the vet suggested… Amazon.com : Adaptil Constant Companion Calming Collar, Large : Pet Supplies

Not really a fan of collars on bullies, but I stay home w/him all day anyway. I only ordered one of them, after reading the many reviews it seems that some dogs respond to it and others do not. We will have to see...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Taco & Thor
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    I ordered the collar per what the vet suggested… Amazon.com : Adaptil Constant Companion Calming Collar, Large : Pet Supplies

Not really a fan of collars on bullies, but I stay home w/him all day anyway. I only ordered one of them, after reading the many reviews it seems that some dogs respond to it and others do not. We will have to see...
    I had to get a barking collar for one of my guys, and I didn't want something that shocked, and I didn't want something that made a noise (as I didn't want to affect both dogs because one of them barked.) The solution was a citronella spray burster. It works great, so I can only imagine if the solution is effective, then it will be a great delivery. Hopefully your dog doesn't learn like mine that when the collar is OFF he can exhibit bad behavior, and is a model citizen when it goes ON.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads