Sad days for Winnie

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Y'all know how crazy Winnie is about her ball--she loves playing ball more than anything! A few days ago, I noticed she had a slight limp on one of her front legs. So, we have had to take away the ball for the last few days. Oh, the withdrawal! We usually sleep as late as the dogs will let us, then go outside in the back with coffee and throw the ball for 30 minutes to an hour. The rest of the day, she has the ball unless she's napping, eating, or we take it away and put it up. I feel so bad for her--she isn't taking this well. Wandering around whining and looking for the ball--sleeping a lot more. The good news is, she's not limping at all anymore--I'm hoping it was just a sprain.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I would give it a couple of days, poor baby… Wally is like that w/his varsity ball. I have to put it away before he has a stroke!!!

Chubby

Feb 20, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Chubby
Poor baby [emoji190] [emoji53] pray for a speedy recovery [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Poor girl... Give her hugs hope she gets her fix back soon

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Aww, my Winnie is bummed without her ball. Mean mommy! (J/k :D)

I hope the sweet girl is better soon.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Winnie needs to take Balladone, balladone.jpg to wean her off her habit! I'm glad she is doing better(other than the wining) Maude is obsessed with her jolly ball,but it stays outside, and I only get to throw it once,because she won't give it back!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby, she's missing her favourite toy. Dozed loves his Kong Ball too, and we have to take it away after a while because he gets too excited and then he pants. I hope Winnie feels better soon.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Ftse is like this with his ball and if he cant find Noodles at night he sits at the door crying for it.

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Ftse is like this with his ball and if he cant find Noodles at night he sits at the door crying for it.

i have a cedar chest beside my dresser in the bedroom. Yesterday I caught her--she had jumped on the cedar chest and then climbed to the top of my dresser to look for the ball (I put it there sometimes when she brings it to bed)! At least it's wet and cold here, not good weather for playing ball. Of course she doesn't care, but I do. Don't know what we'll do when it gets really cold!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
i have a cedar chest beside my dresser in the bedroom. Yesterday I caught her--she had jumped on the cedar chest and then climbed to the top of my dresser to look for the ball (I put it there sometimes when she brings it to bed)! At least it's wet and cold here, not good weather for playing ball. Of course she doesn't care, but I do. Don't know what we'll do when it gets really cold!

They know what they want and when they want it :)

OP
Donnam

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
So, Winnie is back to her normal self--no more limp. She found a ball on the floor in some out-of-the-way place (she has a bunch of them and we must have missed it when we put them all up). I've never seen her so excited! Anyway, I'm so glad the limp is gone. I read so many scary stories here that my mind immediately jumped to the worst possible scenarios! Thanks y'all!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.