They just chew on everything!!

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
They chewed on the woods...paint on my wall... Chairs [emoji30] whyyyyyy lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OMG!!! did you leave tem alone for too long?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ouch. The little buggers can be chainsaws and garbage disposals when left alone too long for sure.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
I would advise you to get a really really good chewing toy. I know you probably read it on some places how it does help and could be dangerous to just leave them with a toy but if you get a good one it will be just fine, and your stuff can be saved. We have the IDC Caoutchouc ball, and it is the only thing Jack will chew on. He knows it is his and that is it! :) The ball itself is very durable, and I am saying this from experience. Jack used to go through a few toys per week, but we had this for over 6 moths now and still in the same condition.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Yes, yes, they do.

Try Nylabone Dura Chews. They're extremely hard.

OP
2bulldogsstuff

2bulldogsstuff

Feb 15, 2015
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brett & Logan 👼🏻🌈(1/3/05-05/1/21)
Ouch. The little buggers can be chainsaws and garbage disposals when left alone too long for sure.

No I'm home with them when they do it. I think out of boredom sometimes or they just like it [emoji30]

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Try using something on your furniture to deter them, like a bitter spray made with something citrus, or with apple cider vinegar, or use some Tobasco Sauce or Cayenne Pepper mixed with water and spray on the areas where they chew. Also make sure they are not bored and have lots of strong chew toys, or maybe a long walk everyday.

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
Try using something on your furniture to deter them, like a bitter spray made with something citrus, or with apple cider vinegar, or use some Tobasco Sauce or Cayenne Pepper mixed with water and spray on the areas where they chew. Also make sure they are not bored and have lots of strong chew toys, or maybe a long walk everyday.

The ACV spraying worked for me- literally sprayed it everywhere especially on the wall corners, trim and door edges. Goodness she would try to chew on anything! Best thing was the exercise and chew toys. I now use empty recyclables such as a bottle of water, apple juice, etc. the benefit is two fold- exercise while she chasing it around house and gets to chew (or try to chew) the bottle. Been working so far to poop her out.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I keep my guys in a X-pen or in their own room when they're pups and youngsters as long as they have that habbit. In my opinion if they don't get accustomed to it they eventually grow out of it, some sooner and some later. My older guy is not a chewer and the only thing he ever distroyed was tha label and a corner of his first Fatboy. Well, the younger one is a different story, but he too at around 2 years old stopped chewing things. Good luck!

Zedsded

Mar 30, 2015
Country
Uk
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley (2015-2020) Wesley 2021
We tried the "no chew" spray after Dudley chewed through an electrical cable, i put it everywhere! only to have Dudley follow me around licking it back off!! ;) It tasted horrible too, i know because i tried it first! :D

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.