Clothes for your bullies.....

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
It's starting to get chilly in the mornings and evenings here and this is my first "cold" season with Lockjaw and Penny. I was just wondering if anyone puts sweaters/tshirts on their babies?!? If so, do they NEED them, do you use them for inside/ outside or both? Just any advise or input would be appreciated. Thank you!!!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi Corinne, I live in Canada, so we definitely get cold winters, so we use both sweaters and coats. I usually only use a coat if we are going on longer walks and there is a lot of snow, or if it's extremely cold. At this time of the year and in the Spring, we use mostly sweaters, and we use them only when outside. They would be too warm to wear inside. If we are only going out for a quick potty, they go naked. Lol

plus they look really cute in their sweaters

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 96
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    870.2 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    577.6 KB · Views: 95

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I think it is good to have a waterproof winter coat on hand. I think it all depends on how long your dog is outside in cold weather. Just a potty trip doesn't require a coat or a sweater. If you have snow, and want to play outside with them, then a waterproof,like a nylon (not plastic) would be good. If your house is cold-they might need a sweater,but if you have normal heat-not needed. It's pretty much your common sense,as you know your dog best. People that live in very cold places would probably need to dress them up more than in the south!

OP
Corine Pesantes

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thanks guys!! I'm in North Carolina, so the coldest it usually gets is the 20's/30's (coldest from Dec-Feb) but barely any snow. The house usually stays around 73-76. So I may just get them heavier sweaters for when they want to play outside for a while. It's supposed to dip into the 40's at night though this week, so we'll see how they act with it.

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online