Any ideal what could be causing this on her fur??

Neil Gomes

Jul 16, 2015
Bay Area California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi
First off I would like to say thanks for all the great info on this site. Its been very helpful. Our six month old little girl has just started developing some skin irritations and we are at a loss. Any suggestions would be most appreciated. We were on Royal Canin for Bulldog pups but have recently added some California Lamb and Rice meal. We also give her a teaspoon of yogurt in the morning with her food.

Thank for any advice.. 20151015_153542.jpg20151015_153603.jpg20151015_153624.jpg

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks like an allergic reaction. I would try a food change. Something that is grain free and no chicken.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
RC really us not a good food... Lots of fillers. So definitely look for a better food.

Can you give a wider shot of the second picture--- is that her side?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Re: Any idea what could be causing this on her fur??

How did she get it?

OK I thought it might be alopecia, but being it is on her legs I doubt it. Alopecia is almost always on the sides.... full name is season flank alopecia.
This looks more like a reaction to something in the food.... does Cali-Natural have a grain free line you can try? Has the vet done a skin scrape to rule out mites/mange?

OP
N

Neil Gomes

Jul 16, 2015
Bay Area California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi
Re: Any idea what could be causing this on her fur??

OK I thought it might be alopecia, but being it is on her legs I doubt it. Alopecia is almost always on the sides.... full name is season flank alopecia.
This looks more like a reaction to something in the food.... does Cali-Natural have a grain free line you can try? Has the vet done a skin scrape to rule out mites/mange?

We are switching her food to fromm....and no the vet has not done a test yet.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would Have mange ruled out, but it does look more like allergy issues.

OP
N

Neil Gomes

Jul 16, 2015
Bay Area California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi
Follow up ..Well after taking her to the Vet...Its mites.. Vet says her immune system is still young???..Gave us pills and said she should be all better in about a month.
Is this normal for BDs..Or is it something I let happen? Vet gave us Bravecto pill.

Miss Charlotte

Jan 31, 2015
Elizabeth,NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Charlotte
My Charlotte had this when she was a pup as well and it was quite a painful road until we were diagnosed with mites..Anyhow, the breeder suggested that treat her with IVermectin- bought it online- a couple weeks and finally all better.
i read, maybe even on this site somewhere, that this could sometimes just happen or from their Moms during birth.... I'm not sure though. I'm sure others around here maybe more helpful to your poor baby.
Charlotte is on fromm too!

OP
N

Neil Gomes

Jul 16, 2015
Bay Area California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi
My Charlotte had this when she was a pup as well and it was quite a painful road until we were diagnosed with mites..Anyhow, the breeder suggested that treat her with IVermectin- bought it online- a couple weeks and finally all better.
i read, maybe even on this site somewhere, that this could sometimes just happen or from their Moms during birth.... I'm not sure though. I'm sure others around here maybe more helpful to your poor baby.
Charlotte is on fromm too!

Thank you Charlotte...this makes me sad I just want her all better !!!

OP
N

Neil Gomes

Jul 16, 2015
Bay Area California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi
Has anyone used Bravecto and if so how did you BD react? I am really nervous having given it to my pup..before reading up on it online..any help would be great.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.