Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella goes to Pack Play (where she plays and trains with other dogs all day long) twice a week. Because my girl is a total love bug, she gets herself worked up on these days and she vomits her breakfast pretty regularly. She does this at the daycare, I'm told. She never does it at home, so I totally think it's her excitement over being with the other dogs.

The Pack Play trainer suggested I not feed her breakfast on Pack Play days, so she doesn't vomit. She said that I'm wasting food giving her breakfast because she vomits it. I'm scared! Isn't feeding her only dinner putting her at risk of bloat??

Feeding her early in the a.m. doesn't work, she still vomits.

image.jpg

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Have you tried maybe letting her play on an empty stomach and then letting her rest for 30 minutes in her kennel area then feeding her?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is it possible to give her dinner in two servings? 1/2 then the other 1/2 about an hour later?

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Have you tried maybe letting her play on an empty stomach and then letting her rest for 30 minutes in her kennel area then feeding her?

Yes, the daycare has fed her and let her rest for an hour. She still vomits. Pack Play is an all day thing.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Is it possible to give her dinner in two servings? 1/2 then the other 1/2 about an hour later?

Yes, I could definitely do that. So, bloat wouldn't be an issue even if she doesn't eat all day?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes, I could definitely do that. So, bloat wouldn't be an issue even if she doesn't eat all day?

unfortunately, bloat is an issue for all dogs at any time, if she inhales, as I think she does... get a slow feed bowl or throw a ball or toy in the bowl that she has to eat around to get to the kibble. For Banks, I added water, just enough to cause her to lap the food instead of gobble

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.