Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I TOOOOO paranoid?

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Am I TOOOOO paranoid?

@Momma2Bullet: I'm with you completely! Just cause "it's never happened" doesn't mean it never will. "Better safe than sorry" is a good motto to live by, I think.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Im a cautious bully-mama too! Im not sure someone would brake in just to steal your bully, but bulldogs are among the most stolen breeds and easy to "resell". It may be your TV that catches a theive's eye, but your bully is worth even more!
    "I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." <3

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Tough question. I don't worry too much about Samson at my house because we have an alarm. Samson is only one of the many reasons we got it though. Dave is an outdoorsman with lots of very valuable equipment and when we bought our house it was already fully equipped with the needed alarm system equipment, we just had to turn on the service so it wasn't a big deal. BUT when we lived in our apartment we didn't have an alarm and I had to walk the pups 4-5 times a day because as you can imagine we didn't have a yard. I just figure you have to live your life. No matter what, people are going to see you leave your house with your dogs (no matter your situation you have to go to the vet right) and if they want to steal they are going to steal. I just take the same precautions that I do as a woman, like I am not going to go walking alone on a trail at night.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

No, I don't think you're paranoid and I think that you're smart in thinking about their protection. You're just a little bit protective but what the hell. It's for their safety anyway.
    Last edited by BabeEnglishBulldog; 03-23-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads