Driving me INSANE!

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester was too.. with those sharp puppy teeth - it's especially painful. He grew out of it.. he still though is not very gentle when you are playing with him with his toys - he'll leave teeth marks if he mistakenly gets your hand instead of the toy, then the huge yelp out of my husband or I will set him back, but the next time he's just as rambunctious. He seems to only have a really good memory when it comes to his dinner time and where his treats are ;)

sheila

Community Veteran
Nov 28, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Bulldog(s) Names
Butler
good luck lissa, i think girls are maybe harder to train. there seems to be a trend with the females being insanely stubborn. lol!

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
lol [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] I didn't want a boy cause I didn't want him marking my whole house... in retrospect I could probably deal with that better!

OP
Angelgirl

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
lol. neither of my boys marked, but my girl was a training nightmare!

I'll keep that in mind with the next one...maybe in a few years.... When I get over the trauma from this puppy!

Mike Blaylock

Dec 27, 2010
Forest Park, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
SgtMjr. Duketavius (Duke) Bruiser USMC Ret.
Duke had biting issues, and still to this day when we romp on the floor he will nibble on my arm when he gets over excited playing. It never hurts
he just wants to say I love ya. Anyways........this may sound cruel........but it is a sure cure for any chewing problems. What I did was I went to Radio Shack. I bought a three volt transformer. I have a concrete unfinished basement so I have no fire safety issues. I plugged it in and left the cord on the floor.
Weeeeeell, about 10 minutes later I hear the yapping and Duke came a running up the steps for cover....... never to chew or bite on anything more unless I give it to him.
One bite into that cord zapped him enough to get his undivided attention and made an everlasting attitude adjustment. I unplugged the transformer and threw it away. It was the best twenty bucks I've ever spent. In retrospect I'm glad it was the transformer and not a lamp cord. He could have killed himself and burnt down the house if I hadn't interveined.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
lex was a big time biter as a pup and he grew finally grew out of it, when he did bite we would tell him no sir and spank his butt everytime. we have not had any problems with him marking ever!!!

i think our lab is the stubborn boy in the family, well besides the bf :lol:. everytime he licks or trys to lick we thump him on the nose all he does is sneeze and go right back at it it doesnt phase him one bit. he is def the teenager in the house, he has lots of time outs during the day

Most Reactions