Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I gave Bella steak on her birthday this past Thu. This morning (before breakfast), she vomited a lot of wet, intact kibble from Friday. Then, she vomited foam, and then just clear drool.

Very scary!

I took her to the vet this morning. They said that I gave her too much steak, and it is still sitting in her tummy. (That's why vomited kibble was still whole.) They said wait until dinner tonight and give her bland diet for a couple of days. Vet said I should have given her steak the size of half a finger.

They gave her shots of Cerenia and Famotidine. Tomorrow I'm supposed to give her Pepcid.

I trust you bully experts more than the vet, honestly. Do you think it's OK that they didn't do an x-ray today? Vet seemed positive that it was the steak. She said that if she's still vomiting by Monday, they'll do an x-ray.

Right now she's resting.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Too much partying Bella?! Oh no!! Well, if I celebrated my dogs' birthdays, I would give them more than half a finger of steak too! It probably was the steak though. Did she also eat a cake pop or something else also? I would be comfortable waiting until Monday for an x-Ray if it was Winnie.

Anytime my dogs vomit (unless their stomachs are empty), they vomit whole kibble because they just gobble their food without chewing it.

Let us know how she's doing--sweet little Bella!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I agree with [MENTION=13140]Donnam[/MENTION] If she is not used to having steak-it is kind of rich,and my two bullies don't chew at all-just suck it down! The antacids should help her tummy, and hopefully all will be well. If not-go with the xray. Rich foods,or things they are not used to, can lead to pancreatitis.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks guys! So, I tried to finish the same steak I had given her. It was gross! It hadn't gone bad, but it was very tough. UGH!

I'm sorry Bella.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Thanks guys! So, I tried to finish the same steak I had given her. It was gross! It hadn't gone bad, but it was very tough. UGH!

I'm sorry Bella.

Well, who knew?? When we have steak, I always give my guys bites (not much because I'm stingy). I mean, you would think steak, of all things, would be okay. I'm sure she'll be back to normal in no time Mom @Cali Dol!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I agree w/the gang, she probably didn't chew her kibble at all… these dogs are completely insane sometimes.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope she's feeling better, you didn't know. It was just to much of a good thing.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I gave Bella steak on her birthday this past Thu. This morning (before breakfast), she vomited a lot of wet, intact kibble from Friday. Then, she vomited foam, and then just clear drool.

Very scary!

I took her to the vet this morning. They said that I gave her too much steak, and it is still sitting in her tummy. (That's why vomited kibble was still whole.) They said wait until dinner tonight and give her bland diet for a couple of days. Vet said I should have given her steak the size of half a finger.

They gave her shots of Cerenia and Famotidine. Tomorrow I'm supposed to give her Pepcid.

I trust you bully experts more than the vet, honestly. Do you think it's OK that they didn't do an x-ray today? Vet seemed positive that it was the steak. She said that if she's still vomiting by Monday, they'll do an x-ray.

Right now she's resting.

Poor baby girl! how is she doing now?

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I gave her a small amount of bland food for dinner. She must be starving, poor girl! Earlier, she was sitting in front of the fridge. *tear*

Anyway, she's doing fine right now. I'm praying for a peaceful morning with no vomit.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I gave her a small amount of bland food for dinner. She must be starving, poor girl! Earlier, she was sitting in front of the fridge. *tear*

Anyway, she's doing fine right now. I'm praying for a peaceful morning with no vomit.

I hope you have a peaceful night and morning... give her a hug from me

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Good morning Bella, hope you are feeling better.

Good morning! Little Miss Bella says she's feeling a lot better.

She's keeping her food down. image.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.