This is the second time I had to kick my neighbor's dog!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Tell the owners the same thing I told a woman in my elevator , who's little dog kept going for Wellie's face and she just ignored it.

"If your dog bites mine, I'll bite yours". They'll be much more careful because they'll think you're crazy.

You are a woman after my own heart!

When I was married to my 1st husband, Big Al (the Top Funny Car Race Driver)
and he convinced me to move to Jackson, MS, we got jumped in a parking lot by
career thugs (the police knew them instantly) and they got my very tough, street
wise Hubby down and sh*t got serious! I was young, unafraid and always decked
out (we were grocery shopping, lol) so had on stilettos (but of course). I jumped
on the back of one & dug those heels with all my 110 lbs could muster. He started
screaming! This allowed Hubby to be able to beat the **** out of the other one.
One ran when he heard his buddy screaming, not sure what I was doing to him, lol
The cops arrived and were just amazed at the entire thing and hauled the guys off.

So yeah, I'd kick *** for my dog even now, if I had to. Don't mess with Texas!

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

career thugs (the police knew them instantly) and they got my very tough, street
out (we were grocery shopping, lol) so had on stilettos (but of course). I jumped
on the back of one & dug those heels with all my 110 lbs could muster. He started
One ran when he heard his buddy screaming, not sure what I was doing to him, lol
The cops arrived and were just amazed at the entire thing and hauled the guys off.

WOOOOOW! I think I love you more, if that's even possible! Hahahahahah! :boogie::boogie::boogie:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
WOOOOOW! I think I love you more, if that's even possible! Hahahahahah! :boogie::boogie::boogie:

He was screaming because I was jumping up & down! Guess
he was so stunned that it rendered him helpless then he couldn't
get up.

Honestly, I was a hellion in my youth, lol

I love you too, Cali & Bella :)

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I love every bit of that story. :D

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter

Big reason, I don't mess with Texans!
:yes:

Chunky White

Chunky's Chauffeur
Aug 13, 2015
Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunky White
My neighbor with the Jack Russell is the only dog that Chunky has ever had a problem with. The owner gets mad because the neighbors with the chocolate lab always ask if he can play with her and they put the lab up if the jack russell is out. I don't have to do anything to the jack russell because the owner beats its butt when he bites.

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
Generally, it's perfectly legal to do anything necessary to stop a dog caught in the act of attacking a person or livestock. A dog's owner is not legally entitled to any money from someone who injures or kills the dog while protecting a person or farm animal from attack. Nor is the person guilty of a criminal offense; many animal cruelty laws specifically exempt the act of injuring or killing a dog in these circumstances.
"Livestock" usually means only commercially valuable animals, not pets or wild animals. Some state laws list the kinds of animals protected; others say only that a dog may be killed if it attacks a "domestic animal," which historically does not include dogs and cats. Dogs and cats may even be specifically excluded; for example, in Ohio it's legal to kill a dog that is chasing or injuring a "sheep, lamb, goat, kid, domestic fowl or domestic animal except a cat or another dog." (Ohio Rev. Code § 955.28.) Someone who does injure a dog that's chasing another dog, or a deer, may be liable for damages to the dog's owner—and the killer may also be guilty of cruelty to animals.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I'm certainly not killing anyone's dog, but shouldn't the owner of an aggressive dog (regardless of size) make every effort to keep that dog under control?

It's a frustrating thing.

RalphieBoy

Community Veteran
Jul 1, 2014
Tennessee
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Emmitt
I say Pepper Spray his ***. Get a big jug and don't aim for his eyes cover his whole head including his eyes. Won't happen twice.... Ralphie

Daphnee

Apr 7, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
daphnee
I'm certainly not killing anyone's dog, but shouldn't the owner of an aggressive dog (regardless of size) make every effort to keep that dog under control?

It's a frustrating thing.

Yeah, it seems to be a gray area, at least in Ohio. There was a guy, legally carrying a CCW gun, who shot a dog that was loose, deemed to be a threat to him and his dog he was walking, and no charges were filed.
While bear spray is down right cool looking, it might cause concern walking around with it. There's probably something comparable, like a pepper spray / foam, that is more concealable and just as effective. I've had my Bully attacked twice. Once by an overly excited Golden pup gone bad. Then by neighbors 2 little Rat Terrier things. Same dogs that attacked at least 2 other people's dog, but no one wants to "say anything." Despite being not old, I'm gaining a reputation on the street as the old crotchity guy. I've yelled at 4 neighbors for their dogs being off-leash and crossing their boundaries.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.