Rotten, ROTTEN morning!

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Mammyglicks not so boring thread got me going. I was putting all this wah-wah-wah in her thread, but decided not to be rude and tell my woes in her optomistic take on her problem day. So I'll do my own. I had to get up early to get my grandson to school. He's very good, not a problem at all. I came downstairs and no one (not even Baby Clementine) had gone in their crate, so I was happy! I let Arrow outside. He goes out first cause he does his business and comes right back in so then the girls can go out. So Brandon's having breakfast, I'm getting fresh water put out on the patio, I go to let Arrow back inside and discover there's another dog in my yard! A BIG dog I'd never seen before. But we all have 6 foot walls around our yards, so I don't see the neighborhood dogs, I just hear them. So I am outside with this dog I don't know, she wants to go in my house and so I can't open the door. I sent Brandon to go get my husband up and come help me. He comes down and says oh yeah, he knows who's dog that is, he lets her in, takes her to the front door, lets her out and goes back to bed. :confused: What the heck?! I figured he'd take her home and say, here's your dog, AND how did she get over the wall and into our yard to begin with? But that wasn't what he did and I had dogs to feed, and a 7 yr. old to get to school. So, whatever... Then I discover my son-in-law didn't pack my grandson a toothbrush or a lunch. So I'm trying to get all these little issues solved and not have him be late to school. I rushed out the door and left the girls in the backyard, there's a lock on the gate and my husband was here. I get home and Ida has entertained herself while I was gone by destroying a cushion on a patio chair. Yes, I said Ida, not Gertie, unbelievable as that is! There was foam rubber and fluff everywhere!! I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet, it's going to rain, so my knee is screaming! WAAAAAAH! Okay, end of rant, I feel better now. No one has to even respond to this, unless you want to hop on my band-wagon and wah-wah too!:*(

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'll bet you feel better just getting it off your chest! Hope your day improved!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Awww I'm sorry you had a rough day. There was a dog in our neighborhood, an American Bulldog that was overly friendly. He would go around scratching peoples doors all up trying to get in. We had bad snow storms last year and all of a sudden he pops up in 4 ft of snow on our back deck trying to get in the house. I have no idea how he did it. The first time we "met" him he was to me anyway, aggressive, I ran to my car and he kept jumping up on it and even dented it, I called animal control because I didn't know who he belonged to. I found out eventually and learned more about him, The owner was having problems keeping him in her yard. She did fix the problem and I only see him when I see her, we are friends, lol. But anyway I was scared I have to admit and I am usually not like that with dogs.

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Thanks! Yes, I have to say, the day did improve. I had coofee, it hasn't rained yet, so the girls are spending time outside since it's supposed to rain all week-end. :eek: I'm sitting with the heating pad on my knee, so I feel better.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
SO glad your morning got better after that!!!

In the same situation [MENTION=1539]sheila[/MENTION] and I would now be sat on your patio apparently on our second bottle of wine ..... but I'm still wondering how the dog into your fenced in yard!!!???

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
i hope it felt somewhat better getting that out this morning. glad you the rest of your day was good. ;) thankfully, i have nothing to rant about today. :whew:

OP
G

Gertie's Mom

Community Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
SanTan Valley, Az.
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie & Ida
Aww, I don't drink. And, that's what is so weird. How DID that dog get in? Our gate is pad-locked and that wall is 6 feet tall. I'm not usually afraid of dogs, and I really can't say I was afraid of this one, it was just such a shock! This was EARLY, and I am NOT a cheerful "morning person", I hadn't had a cup of coffee and I wasn't in the mood to deal with this dog! Then when my husband just lets her inside our house, I wanted to club him! Luckily she went straight thru from the back door to the front and out. The girls were all still in their crates. But it freaked me out! We have a brand new puppy who hasn't completed her shots, and he lets this strange dog into our house! :angry:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION] I'd be same ... slap the hubby! :evil:

L

Lucy-licious

Sometimes, only sometimes, thats what I love about Chris, men simplyfy everything nothing is a problem just find an easy no fuss solution and go for it :D

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
Glad your day got better [MENTION=881]Gertie's Mom[/MENTION]. Men just don't understand sometimes... no offense [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] :p Maybe there was something for the dog to climb up on close to your wall that it got over onto your side??

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Ahh Im sorry you had a bad day.. Glad it did get better... Men cant live with them and cant live without em.. lol.. Yep your gonna get rain, it poored here I see snow that is only a mile or two away so If it snows again tonight we most likley will get some...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.