1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I didn't 'let' my dogs fight.

They got on perfectly fine until the instant of that first fight and I will never know what actually started it. It was horrendous and I even bashed both of them over the head with a baby gate to try and get their attention. Nothing. Maybe not the right thing to do but I was pretty frantic at the time! I eventually got the gate between them and backed the American Bulldog down the hallway with the Greyhound following still trying to fight. It was one of the most awful things I have ever been through as I was home alone with two big dogs that I honestly thought I would never be able to separate.

I used water on two other dogs I had in the past. They used to 'squabble' more than really fight and it worked very well with them. The only problem was one of them developed a water phobia, poor boy!! Every time he saw me with a cup or glass, he was gone!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The only thing that did work for me was to turn on a DustBuster and slide it in the middle of them. Luckily they hate that more than they hated each other. It's a lot of work to have dogs that do not get along, I still have two that tolerate each other only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
The only thing that did work for me was to turn on a DustBuster and slide it in the middle of them. Luckily they hate that more than they hated each other. It's a lot of work to have dogs that do not get along, I still have two that tolerate each other only.

Dustbuster...lolll not laughing at the situation just things we can use.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Dustbuster...lolll not laughing at the situation just things we can use.

I learned not to put my hand in the middle, I got bit fierce! First time I realized it worked was when I was sweeping so I shoved the broom in between. It didn't work totally, it took them a good 10-15 seconds to realize the broom was there. Then I thought oooooh, I could use the vacuum. Then when it actually happened again no vacuum was close so I grabbed the DustBuster instead! Bingo!

Doc Barry or Barry Bob.

May 9, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsa is 2 1/2. Note: Bruiser left us at almost 14; Boss at almost 13 and Biggie at 10 1/2
Has anyone tried what the trainer wanted us to do Hit the aggressor with a soda can w pennies and say OUT - the goal is for the dog to
Eventually hear Out without hitting them w a can

We would then have the trainer come to the house for training

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Has anyone tried what the trainer wanted us to do Hit the aggressor with a soda can w pennies and say OUT - the goal is for the dog to
Eventually hear Out without hitting them w a can

We would then have the trainer come to the house for training

I have never heard of that 'technique'..... I used to work at a dog daycare and our training was to lift and pull the aggressor by the back legs to safely seperate them - and then placed in crates

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
Lol [MENTION=2]bullmama[/MENTION], I'm sorry I'm laughing:lmao: the Dustbuster, that's AWESOME! I can't believe I never thought of it:facepalm2: I have one, I'm SURE it will work on my two too, they hate the vacuum cleaner:tongue: and that will surely make less of a mess than pouring a whole bowl of water on them:)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online