HrsDiva

I wear my bulldog heart on my sleeve
Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
Ohh we have been have a little bit of issues going on not that Ella May is here.

Sometimes it because there is a food bowl down. Or they just pass each other in the hall.

Any suggestions-- if I leave dogs outside I don't notice any fighting, just when there is human intervention.

[emoji17]

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The diva is coming out of her shell!

Inside the house is different to the dog.. she is trying to take over as alpha. if you are not doing so, you should use 'Nothing in life is free' with her and make sure ALL humans in the home are stay consistent with the training.... inconsistency gives an opening and the dog thinks they still rule. so all on the same page... no furiture either, she has to learn to work for everything which will keep her in line. As for eating, I know you have a few so either they eat in crates or one at a time, while the others sit and wait their turn... Queen Bee must be last.

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
How old are they and how long have the been living together? Sometimes you have to let the dogs establish their status among themselves. Often times human intervention does more harm than good in the long run.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colonel 5 yrs (2011 -Current) Ella May (2012 - Current ) RIP Bebe 8 yrs (2011 - 2014)
She has only been with us about a month [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] and yes they need to get there pecking alpha order.

Doesn't happen when they are outside only in the house or near food. Mike gets scared and doesn't let them figure it out.

It's a little better this week. Lol

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
My bulldogs also fight, it's horrible. I've tried to eliminate the reasons why they fight and nowadays we only have maybe one fight a year. If they fight it has been for different reasons but as you say, always when we are around and never outside. They get stiff and uncomfortable when food is around so we don't eat with them around or feed them together. Also some fights have been about attention but I've learned to avoid it by reading their behavior. Staring, stiffness, hair standing up or licking mouth is signs that things are going to get rough, so if I see that I immediately draw their attention to something else, usually by just standing up and saying "lets go out". If I act nervous or touch one of them it's game over, they'll fight. Also cramped spaces seem to make it worse, so well... I furnish the house so the places the dogs like to be in are spacious... what doesn't one do for your furbabies, lol.

I personally don't know how people with several dogs that never fights does it, I'm no pack leader material so I guess that's why:ashamed:

Glad it has gotten better, they get to know each other and you'll get to know how they interact with each other and in time things will be calmer I'm sure:)

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ladies the fighting has been a lot worse with lots of blood drawn-- thank god no vet bills yet!

I don't know what to do, BF is at wits end and thinks we need to rehome Ella

#mamaandi

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Can you feed them separately and not leave a food bowl down? Tank and Shep rarely get into anything other than play fighting but even with them they only get food and water in their own separate crates. Same with treats. They run for their crates as soon as I give the command because they know as soon as the door is shut something good is about to happen! Lol
I would do the same with toys, get a doggie play pen if you have to so that they can be separated if toys are an issue. Can you work with a behaviorist? We consulted one when we brought Iris home. They approach things differently than trainers it seems.

If you can't keep her I guess I would surrender her to a rescue. Hopefully it doesn't come to that :(

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Is it all inside or has it also happened outside? Have you noticed what the trigger is?

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
They have always been feed seperate, toys are up. Treats I give very few and far and that's under control

They just have to look at each other and that's all it takes. Guess Ella took off across the house to the other dog and attacked her.

I am so devastated right now.

In now worried that she will always be like this to other dogs.

I've got a call in a trainer.

The kids are scared of them now.

Not how this was planned.

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have let Ella's other mother know what's going on.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Damn... Is it only with a female or male.. Or both?

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Damn... Is it only with a female or male.. Or both?

Mainly the two girls if coronel is near he will try and jump in but he's an *** and has nothing to do with it.

They really walk in a room stare at each other the BAM bitches are at it.

I've rolled them over nothing is helping.

I'm scared to re-home what if now they take for a walk and BAM she picks a fight and a little kid gets in the middle.

Damit that was one of the things that made me so happy was she was an outgoing happy dog that went to ts dog park all the time ( I stalked her FB before she friended me )

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
If censored one bad word. Lol

OP
HrsDiva

HrsDiva

Community Veteran
Jul 6, 2011
Gravette Arkansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So Ella's ear got a bit tore up with this last fight!!! :crying:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.