Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Horrible allergies!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Horrible allergies!

I only mention the water because I discovered it by accident. When I was looking for a food that Henry could tolerate both boys ate the same thing during the trial. After I found what he could eat I gave Henry the safe food and Rootbeer the others because he can eat anything. Henry started getting an allergic reaction again so I toyed with the food until I realized it was cross contamination through the water. I was amazed that he could get a reaction that way because his symptoms weren't that severe with the food. However, I changed him as soon as they would appear. One thing I did think of was that it could be the mouth licking that they do. My guys all lick each other like mad. I don't have to clean Rootbeers mouth after he drinks anymore because Clyde usually licks it clean after he drinks. It's quite comical. Anyway, just a thought. One other thing I did was only buy the cats food in salmon, no chicken. On occasion he finds their empty bowl outside and has a lick. That's made a difference too. The 2 cats are only outside kitties and I thought it was a bit overboard, but what the heck. Turns out it has helped too. Also, it's worth mentioning that I am a freak about the dogs so I'm overly aware of every single thing they do. I had gotten a sample of another food that is all beef, I gave Henry about 15 pieces of kibble for treats on our walk about a week ago. He's been a rashed up mess since. It takes very little for him to break out. Hope that helps, or at least gives you an idea of how sensitive they can be.

2. Likes Cali Doll liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Horrible allergies!

After 3 days, her tear stains are improving, and she is not as obsessed with licking her toes. I cant believe I was feeding her that allergen for all those months!
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads