Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
can anyone advise,

nula keeps going off her food, shes 2 fussy and lost a wee bit of weight, i was mixing in a small tin of tuna in
which made her like the food, a friend has told me theres a high % of mercury in tuna.
is this correct.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
can anyone advise,

nula keeps going off her food, shes 2 fussy and lost a wee bit of weight, i was mixing in a small tin of tuna in
which made her like the food, a friend has told me theres a high % of mercury in tuna.
is this correct.

Eh, I've heard this too, but I don't know how accurate it is. How about canned Salmon? We feed it to Tyson and he loves it :) Its usually located right by the tuna at the grocery store.

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Or how about adding Salmon oil to the food? My two love it!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I guess the tinned kind is also high in salt. How about green tripe? Is smells real loud, but dogs love it and it's good for the digestion.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would not do tuna... as others stated -- salt and mercury. How about some yogart or cottage cheese?

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Light Tuna usually isnt high in mercury I know that albacore tuna is higher in mercury though. As mentioned by the others you cant go wrong with some salmon oil or green tripe.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
can anyone advise,

is this correct.
Be cautious of the company you use if you decide to give canned fish. Not sure what the companies are or what the processing system is in England, but in the States companies are processing canned fish over seas, in very poor conditions. Mercury and salt aside, the meat itself may be very bad for consumption...supposedly Starkist was one, but they defended themselves saying that they only use wild and do not use farm raised fish. Just be leery when purchasing any meat these days, even if it says "raised in ****" it still may be processed someplace else. Very shady!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.