My baby is sick -- Regina caught a bad cold

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So because the universe is testing my resolve (I'm sick and on antibiotics, we're moving to Florida in 3 days and are packing like crazy....) yesterday I woke up to Regina coughing and snotting. She had a little bit of a runny nose for the previous day but she seemed fine otherwise and I thought it was allergies maybe from dust getting kicked around from packing up the house. I called the vet's office and they had no open appointments. I begged and luckily the vet knows me and loves Ruckus and Regina, so she said she would give me an antibiotic if I brought her in Monday morning. I started giving her the antibiotic yesterday. I think she might be worse today. I woke up to her wheezing and gasping for air, poor thing. I'm guessing maybe she caught a cold at the park. [emoji35][emoji29]

I'm freaking out about driving with her sick and worried Ruckus will catch it. I just don't know what to do. We can't really postpone the move, we could maybe leave Thursday instead of Wednesday.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Hopefully the meds will kick in and will help soon. You can also put her in the bathroom and run a hot shower and the steam should help or use a vaporizer. Hopefully she will be better by Wednesday. Hopefully you can get her to the vet tomorrow if she is not better, so they can get her on the right meds. I would still travel with her, as they usually just sleep in the car anyway, just keep an eye on her.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=7373]g8erjackie[/MENTION] I would get her back to the vet tomorrow(Mon.) and have her checked out. Certainly try what [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] recommended with the steam. When one son was little,he was always sick,and that's what we did so many times. I am sorry to hear that Regina is sick. Life always throws curve balls at every one. We will all be praying for you and your family,that it will work out fine,and you and that little girl will perk up and have an easy trip.:pray::pray::pray::pray::yes:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Poor regina! David gave great advice for the wheezing. I hope she feels better soon.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Hope baby girl feels better soon!!!

TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Oh we are hoping Regina feels better soon!! Ive noticed that the bullies can pick something up so fast....but they are strong and she will hopefully be much better by the move :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Get well soon, both of you, and good luck with the long drive!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So because the universe is testing my resolve (I'm sick and on antibiotics, we're moving to Florida in 3 days and are packing like crazy....) yesterday I woke up to Regina coughing and snotting. She had a little bit of a runny nose for the previous day but she seemed fine otherwise and I thought it was allergies maybe from dust getting kicked around from packing up the house. I called the vet's office and they had no open appointments. I begged and luckily the vet knows me and loves Ruckus and Regina, so she said she would give me an antibiotic if I brought her in Monday morning. I started giving her the antibiotic yesterday. I think she might be worse today. I woke up to her wheezing and gasping for air, poor thing. I'm guessing maybe she caught a cold at the park. [emoji35][emoji29]

I'm freaking out about driving with her sick and worried Ruckus will catch it. I just don't know what to do. We can't really postpone the move, we could maybe leave Thursday instead of Wednesday.

How is she doing.... any better at all?

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
Just saw the vet. Regina is doing much better! Still some projectile snotting, but the coughing has subsided.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443449896.997418.jpg

OP
g8erjackie

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
So glad to hear she's doing better. Okay, is that a real bulldog?? It almost looks a like doll!?

It's a statue! The first time I went to this vet I totally thought it was real when I saw it through the window. Regina was intrigued.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It's a statue! The first time I went to this vet I totally thought it was real when I saw it through the window. Regina was intrigued.

It looks SO real, but then it looks fake, haha. I was sitting here trying to analyze it. LOL I'm like that tongue is not a good pink color. So glad that baby girl is getting better :)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Glad to hear she's doing better. Traveling with a sick pup is no fun.

Ironically, we also drove down to FL after Blue was diagnosed with Kennel Cough. We almost cancelled but he was doing much better.
The heat and humidity will actually help once you get down there.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online