Surgery day

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
image.jpgToday is Macons teeth and entropion surgery. Please put her in your thoughts. I'm so scared. She should go into surgery at around 10:30. I hope this wasn't a mistake.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
It's not a mistake! You are doing the very best for Macon. Prayers sent up for the sweet girl. I know how nerve-wracking this is.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I will be praying for sweet Macon, prayers over the doctors, over the techs, and over that sweet girl. Please keep us posted, will be waiting for updates.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I am in tears over this. I didn't want to leave her. I am scared she won't make it. Won't be coming home. I am so upset at myself. What if it's the wrong thing? I don't know if I should cancel or chance it. It seemed like the right thing before today.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
You are doing this for her. For her health, pray, pray, pray. My Tyson went through surgery at 8, almost 9 yrs old and pulled through like a champ. She's got this!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I am in tears over this. I didn't want to leave her. I am scared she won't make it. Won't be coming home. I am so upset at myself. What if it's the wrong thing? I don't know if I should cancel or chance it. It seemed like the right thing before today.

Roseann, I know how you feel. Putting them under anesthesia is very scary.
But, if you don't go through with it, how will her quality of life be? Is she in constant pain because of her teeth?
And how dangerous is the entropian If left alone, can it cause issues with her sight?

All we can do is weigh the pros and cons then make the decision. Just so you know, I would have made the same decision you did.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] She is in constant pain and they're infected. She's already half blind from the damage to her eyes. Her quality of life isn't great but she's happy with me and I'm scared and selfish. I feel like it's right, mostly.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
@nycbullymama She is in constant pain and they're infected. She's already half blind from the damage to her eyes. Her quality of life isn't great but she's happy with me and I'm scared and selfish. I feel like it's right, mostly.

You did make the right choice. The worry shows you love your babies!! I cried like a two year old when both of mine went in at the same time for their neuter and brachy surgery. Was a wreck for hours.
But we're here for ya until she's out and you're feeling better!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I was a complete mess too, I bawled my eyes out in the lobby. They had to take me to a private room. And even though I had to wait for them to call me back for pickup, I just showed up a few hours later to wait, because I could not handle being at work. I was a mess the entire day. We know the pain, and you made the right choice for her. Hugs, we're all here for you, like Ellie said.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm praying for Macon. You are doing the right thing for her. She can't go on with infected teeth. She will pull through and you will have your sweet baby home with you soon.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I know this will work out and you've definitely done the right thing, she's not going to be in any pain after she heals up. You are a good mom Roseann. She will be so happy to see you when you go pick her up. Hugs and prayers and all good thoughts to her and you.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Roseann, I completely understand what you are going thru… I have been there, and it's horrible.

First of all you KNOW that you don't want her to lose her eye and she can't continue w/infected teeth. All we can do is make the best decision for our babies and after that we just pray that everything is going to be okay. We can't second guess ourselves because honestly we are left w/no choice. I have a feeling that everything will be fine, but I know that hearing that doesn't always make you feel any better. Just KNOW that we all are praying for you & you are NOT alone today :hug:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I know how you feel. I never had senior bullys (hope I do in the future...), but I been there with my guys. What ever happens her well being has always been your number 1 priority. She will be just fine and her life will be better after this. Healing and positive thoughts coming your way.....

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
In the waiting room she licked my face 3 times. She's never done that. She's not a licker. It was so sweet, like she was comforting me. She was scared in the office, she always is. She's always trying to get me to go out the door. It's quite cute. The first time I had her at the vet I kept thinking she had to pee. I took her out 3 times and she would just pull towards the car. She loves to go places and the vet is the only time she acts like that. They've never done anything at my vet to hurt her so I'm thinking she had a bad experience somewhere else. Maybe she's afraid of the shots, I don't know but she acts so silly about it. She has such a personality. Every bit as big as Henry's. Bulldogs are so different like that. I just love her so much. I've worked to get her feeling better. I pray this was right.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
In the waiting room she licked my face 3 times. She's never done that. She's not a licker. It was so sweet, like she was comforting me. She was scared in the office, she always is. She's always trying to get me to go out the door. It's quite cute. The first time I had her at the vet I kept thinking she had to pee. I took her out 3 times and she would just pull towards the car. She loves to go places and the vet is the only time she acts like that. They've never done anything at my vet to hurt her so I'm thinking she had a bad experience somewhere else. Maybe she's afraid of the shots, I don't know but she acts so silly about it. She has such a personality. Every bit as big as Henry's. Bulldogs are so different like that. I just love her so much. I've worked to get her feeling better. I pray this was right.

Is she in surgery yet?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online