Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Yeah, @Manydogs - What is wrong with Maude?

Maude needs entropion surgery on both eyes, and her nares widened.I have been waiting until the weather cooled down some, as (even though I have A/C) it has been so
unbearably hot this summer,I hated to have her wear that cone,and I know the blow-up kind would get popped! I just love the "life preserver cone! [MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION] you should go into the cone making business. That's the best one yet! Thanks for asking [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION] - How is Macon coming along? Getting better by the day? :)

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
[MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION] Yes, she is getting better, and more spunky, by the day. So much so that she tried to start some crap with Clyde this morning. I panicked, ran to rescue, slid in between them like I was coming into home plate! I never do that. I always grab collars and pull them apart but this time I used my body as a shield. It wasn't a fight, they were just mouth talking but I was terrified that he would catch the stitches or she would bloody her mouth. I think it's safe to say I put her well being above my own. Haha She's tired of the life preserver. She has managed to knock it off a couple times and today when I went to put it back on she tried to run. It was like a granny running, I may have laughed at her a bit. I'm so thankful she's getting better. She'll have the stitches out in Monday. I can't wait!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@TyTysmom Yes, she is getting better, and more spunky, by the day. So much so that she tried to start some crap with Clyde this morning. I panicked, ran to rescue, slid in between them like I was coming into home plate! I never do that. I always grab collars and pull them apart but this time I used my body as a shield. It wasn't a fight, they were just mouth talking but I was terrified that he would catch the stitches or she would bloody her mouth. I think it's safe to say I put her well being above my own. Haha She's tired of the life preserver. She has managed to knock it off a couple times and today when I went to put it back on she tried to run. It was like a granny running, I may have laughed at her a bit. I'm so thankful she's getting better. She'll have the stitches out in Monday. I can't wait!

I love this update. I bet she is feeling better than she ever has before! So happy for that sweet girl. Please give her extra hugs from me & Tyson!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's so gooooooood to hear! HAHA starting it up with Clyde! Was just waiting for that to start happening, thank you for updating I needed this. :up::up:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@TyTysmom Yes, she is getting better, and more spunky, by the day. So much so that she tried to start some crap with Clyde this morning. I panicked, ran to rescue, slid in between them like I was coming into home plate! I never do that. I always grab collars and pull them apart but this time I used my body as a shield. It wasn't a fight, they were just mouth talking but I was terrified that he would catch the stitches or she would bloody her mouth. I think it's safe to say I put her well being above my own. Haha She's tired of the life preserver. She has managed to knock it off a couple times and today when I went to put it back on she tried to run. It was like a granny running, I may have laughed at her a bit. I'm so thankful she's getting better. She'll have the stitches out in Monday. I can't wait!

what a great visual!! LOL

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella

Best. Update. Ever.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
So so glad to hear that Macon is getting better since surgery. I'm faced with this right now with Sally, my rescue senior. But even her vet feels that surgery is too risky for her (he's the top bully vet in the state so I have trust in him). This thread makes me smile.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
So so glad to hear that Macon is getting better since surgery. I'm faced with this right now with Sally, my rescue senior. But even her vet feels that surgery is too risky for her (he's the top bully vet in the state so I have trust in him). This thread makes me smile.
I think I would have passed if it was just the entropian, but her teeth were so bad. I would have been able to keep up with her eyes and make her moderately comfortable. I just knew the infected gums were shorting what time she has left. Also, her blood work was very good and that gave me the boost of trust. It was a horrible day of panic though. I hope to not have that stress for a while. I hope your girl isn't in the shape Macon was. It is awesome adopting a senior though, isn't it?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
It's good to hear that Macon is feeling better-she's ready to rumble!!!:punish:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.