ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Great news… now breathe momma, and keep us posted!!!

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Ok, I can finally update. They pulled 3 teeth and did a lot of gum removal. It's a lot. Wow. Her teeth are so pretty white now, it's unbelievable. They did both bottom eye lids. Most of her face is shaved. She's still quite sedated and has the drunk walk. She was happy to see us and I was so relieved to see her. They didn't send a cone with her and it never crossed my mind. She's been trying to scratch/rub her face. I'm worried about that. I don't have any ideas on what to do about it either. I'm just laying by her trying to put her paws back down when she scratches. The closest place to get one is 30 minutes away. If I need to I'll go though. Do you think she'll need one? Or no?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So glad she's home!!

If she's scratching now, she'll probably keep trying. I'd go get her a cone and use it when you can't watch her, like when you're sleeping.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I think he definedly needs a cone for a few days maybe a week. Odd that they didn't give you one. Great news though, she made it!

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
awwwwe, poor baby girl, she'll be back at it in no time. Thank you so much for posting pics :)

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Maybe try socks on her paws might help. If you have a neck pillow maybe be able to secure around neck to act as a cone.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Awwww, such a sweetheart and a trooper! So glad to hear that she made it out of surgery and did well. Whew. If you don't have cone right now, I think the sock idea is a great suggestion.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well guys, I get my white trash inventiveness from my mom. This is what I did, I got some of my youngest daughters old leggings, cute ones of course, in a size 3T and sewed the waist shut. Then I put a collar through the legs and stuffed the pants with pillow stuffing and, you guessed it, red neck fluffy cone. I would send a pic but I don't know if Macon would approve. I'm sure you can use your imagination. Lol Macon is still really sleepy, she did drink a little and she peed and pooped. She's really wobbly I hope that's normal, I'm trying not to worry. She's drooling some blood too. She's not a drooler so I was concerned about that. I'm just trying to compare it to having my wisdom teeth out. I'm pretty sure I drooled on my pillow too.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION] So very happy to see that Macon made it through her surgery. Sounds like your cone is better than those plastic ones. Martha had entropion surgery, and had to wear the "dreaded" cone for two weeks,until she got the stitches out. I hope Macon feels better soon-she will feel like a youngster once she is all healed! You are a wonderful,loving Mom. She couldn't have picked a better one-if she had a choice!:havemyheart: i'll bet you are exhausted.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.