Surgery day

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Roseann, I'm sending all my positive thoughts to you today! I think everything will be okay, as I'm sure your vet will take special care of her. Just so you know, I would have made the same decision you've made to have the surgery. She will feel so much better when this is done and will have a chance at a pain free life from now on. You had to love her a lot to make the decision for surgery. Sometimes it takes more love to make the hard decisions. Hang in there--you're doing the best thing for sweet Macon. I'll be checking back for updates today!

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
In the waiting room she licked my face 3 times. She's never done that. She's not a licker. It was so sweet, like she was comforting me. She was scared in the office, she always is. She's always trying to get me to go out the door. It's quite cute. The first time I had her at the vet I kept thinking she had to pee. I took her out 3 times and she would just pull towards the car. She loves to go places and the vet is the only time she acts like that. They've never done anything at my vet to hurt her so I'm thinking she had a bad experience somewhere else. Maybe she's afraid of the shots, I don't know but she acts so silly about it. She has such a personality. Every bit as big as Henry's. Bulldogs are so different like that. I just love her so much. I've worked to get her feeling better. I pray this was right.

Of course, she knows you're worried, and she knows you love her. I love that she gave you reassuring licks...makes me teary to think about...

You are a true angel. God bless you for having such a loving heart.

schimpfy

The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin'
Community Veteran
Feb 10, 2014
Vancouver British Columbia
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chance
too late to reaffirm your choice but anxious to hear results- a lot of love and prayers out there for you both
:pray2::heart::havemyheart: fingers and paws crossed.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Roseann, I completely understand what you are going thru… I have been there, and it's horrible.

First of all you KNOW that you don't want her to lose her eye and she can't continue w/infected teeth. All we can do is make the best decision for our babies and after that we just pray that everything is going to be okay. We can't second guess ourselves because honestly we are left w/no choice. I have a feeling that everything will be fine, but I know that hearing that doesn't always make you feel any better. Just KNOW that we all are praying for you & you are NOT alone today :hug:

Thank you. That means a lot. You guys are so great to think of us today. I'm an emotional mess. My Macon has only been with us 5 weeks. It feels like she's always been here. I came home to 3 dogs and it just wasn't right. This morning I told my daughter that I was afraid she wasn't going to make it through the surgery. She told me that if Macon is tough enough to take on Clyde and Rootbeer she's tough enough to make it through this surgery. Pretty bad that my 14 year old has to comfort her mom instead of the other way around. I don't know if they've started surgery yet. They had 2 emergencies this morning. A cat with a broken leg and a dog that got hit by a car. Those were the priorities before they started with the scheduled surgeries. The vet tech told me that she would call as soon as surgery was over and again after she woke up and was coming around. She said that if there was any problem at all she would call me immediately. I have to wait for my daughter to get out of practice today before I can go back to the office. No school today, practice from 10-12ish. I almost stayed at the office and called sis to tell her to get a ride but I didn't want to be a better dog mom than human mom. LOL I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear anything. The wait is torture. I just can't believe how I was so sure of this until this morning. I have so much emotion and anxiety. She was in such bad shape when she came that I guess I have really become attached. I had an immense amount of sympathy, sadness and anger that I believe has all turned to love. Thank you all for being there for me. I need it today.

Biogirl71

Nov 5, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Sending positive thoughts and prayers to Macon today for her procedure. Even though it is scary, you are giving her a much better quality of life. Hugs to you and Macon both.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
BIG hugs, prayers and positive thoughts! We are all with you --- :hug:

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
No news. Headed to the vet.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
All I know is that she made it through surgery. She's still not all the way awake. I will go back to talk to the vet and pick her up in a couple hours. Wow, I can breathe again.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
All I know is that she made it through surgery. She's still not all the way awake. I will go back to talk to the vet and pick her up in a couple hours. Wow, I can breathe again.

Praise the LORD!!!! I knew she was tough, sweet girl. Make sure you give her tons of loving from us all!

mybrindlegirl

May 30, 2015
Country
Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Püppy
So glad to hear this wonderful news! Sending lots of love to your strong little girl :heart:
I'm sure she will be very, very happy to be painfree when everything is healed :hug:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.