Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Surgery day

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    HEY -- what is going on with Maude???
    Yeah, @Manydogs - What is wrong with Maude?

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Yeah, @Manydogs - What is wrong with Maude?
    Maude needs entropion surgery on both eyes, and her nares widened.I have been waiting until the weather cooled down some, as (even though I have A/C) it has been so
    unbearably hot this summer,I hated to have her wear that cone,and I know the blow-up kind would get popped! I just love the "life preserver cone! @Roseann you should go into the cone making business. That's the best one yet! Thanks for asking @TyTysmom and @2BullyMama
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bully Bootie Duty Become a 4 Paw Member KristaB026's Avatar
    Real Name
    Krista
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley
    Likes (Received)

Surgery can be scary. I'm glad that Macon is doing well. Rest up!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

@Roseann - How is Macon coming along? Getting better by the day?

My whole heart, Tyson.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

@TyTysmom Yes, she is getting better, and more spunky, by the day. So much so that she tried to start some crap with Clyde this morning. I panicked, ran to rescue, slid in between them like I was coming into home plate! I never do that. I always grab collars and pull them apart but this time I used my body as a shield. It wasn't a fight, they were just mouth talking but I was terrified that he would catch the stitches or she would bloody her mouth. I think it's safe to say I put her well being above my own. Haha She's tired of the life preserver. She has managed to knock it off a couple times and today when I went to put it back on she tried to run. It was like a granny running, I may have laughed at her a bit. I'm so thankful she's getting better. She'll have the stitches out in Monday. I can't wait!

7. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama, Cali Doll liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Roseann View Post
    @TyTysmom Yes, she is getting better, and more spunky, by the day. So much so that she tried to start some crap with Clyde this morning. I panicked, ran to rescue, slid in between them like I was coming into home plate! I never do that. I always grab collars and pull them apart but this time I used my body as a shield. It wasn't a fight, they were just mouth talking but I was terrified that he would catch the stitches or she would bloody her mouth. I think it's safe to say I put her well being above my own. Haha She's tired of the life preserver. She has managed to knock it off a couple times and today when I went to put it back on she tried to run. It was like a granny running, I may have laughed at her a bit. I'm so thankful she's getting better. She'll have the stitches out in Monday. I can't wait!

I love this update. I bet she is feeling better than she ever has before! So happy for that sweet girl. Please give her extra hugs from me & Tyson!

My whole heart, Tyson.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That's so gooooooood to hear! HAHA starting it up with Clyde! Was just waiting for that to start happening, thank you for updating I needed this.

10. Likes Roseann liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

what a great visual!! LOL
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Best. Update. Ever.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

So glad to hear the update on Maude!! I'm also glad you made the decision you did and followed through. You are such a good mama!

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

So so glad to hear that Macon is getting better since surgery. I'm faced with this right now with Sally, my rescue senior. But even her vet feels that surgery is too risky for her (he's the top bully vet in the state so I have trust in him). This thread makes me smile.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    So so glad to hear that Macon is getting better since surgery. I'm faced with this right now with Sally, my rescue senior. But even her vet feels that surgery is too risky for her (he's the top bully vet in the state so I have trust in him). This thread makes me smile.
    I think I would have passed if it was just the entropian, but her teeth were so bad. I would have been able to keep up with her eyes and make her moderately comfortable. I just knew the infected gums were shorting what time she has left. Also, her blood work was very good and that gave me the boost of trust. It was a horrible day of panic though. I hope to not have that stress for a while. I hope your girl isn't in the shape Macon was. It is awesome adopting a senior though, isn't it?

16. Likes Manydogs, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads