Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Surgery day

I know how you feel. I never had senior bullys (hope I do in the future...), but I been there with my guys. What ever happens her well being has always been your number 1 priority. She will be just fine and her life will be better after this. Healing and positive thoughts coming your way.....

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

In the waiting room she licked my face 3 times. She's never done that. She's not a licker. It was so sweet, like she was comforting me. She was scared in the office, she always is. She's always trying to get me to go out the door. It's quite cute. The first time I had her at the vet I kept thinking she had to pee. I took her out 3 times and she would just pull towards the car. She loves to go places and the vet is the only time she acts like that. They've never done anything at my vet to hurt her so I'm thinking she had a bad experience somewhere else. Maybe she's afraid of the shots, I don't know but she acts so silly about it. She has such a personality. Every bit as big as Henry's. Bulldogs are so different like that. I just love her so much. I've worked to get her feeling better. I pray this was right.

3. Likes Mom of Tucker, Texas Carol liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Roseann View Post
    In the waiting room she licked my face 3 times. She's never done that. She's not a licker. It was so sweet, like she was comforting me. She was scared in the office, she always is. She's always trying to get me to go out the door. It's quite cute. The first time I had her at the vet I kept thinking she had to pee. I took her out 3 times and she would just pull towards the car. She loves to go places and the vet is the only time she acts like that. They've never done anything at my vet to hurt her so I'm thinking she had a bad experience somewhere else. Maybe she's afraid of the shots, I don't know but she acts so silly about it. She has such a personality. Every bit as big as Henry's. Bulldogs are so different like that. I just love her so much. I've worked to get her feeling better. I pray this was right.
    Is she in surgery yet?

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Roseann, I'm sending all my positive thoughts to you today! I think everything will be okay, as I'm sure your vet will take special care of her. Just so you know, I would have made the same decision you've made to have the surgery. She will feel so much better when this is done and will have a chance at a pain free life from now on. You had to love her a lot to make the decision for surgery. Sometimes it takes more love to make the hard decisions. Hang in there--you're doing the best thing for sweet Macon. I'll be checking back for updates today!

6. Likes schimpfy, Texas Carol liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Roseann View Post
    Of course, she knows you're worried, and she knows you love her. I love that she gave you reassuring licks...makes me teary to think about...

You are a true angel. God bless you for having such a loving heart.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

8. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    The yabba dabba do donkey swattin' broom swingin' groomzilla Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ron
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chance
    Likes (Received)

too late to reaffirm your choice but anxious to hear results- a lot of love and prayers out there for you both
    fingers and paws crossed.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    Roseann, I completely understand what you are going thru… I have been there, and it's horrible.

First of all you KNOW that you don't want her to lose her eye and she can't continue w/infected teeth. All we can do is make the best decision for our babies and after that we just pray that everything is going to be okay. We can't second guess ourselves because honestly we are left w/no choice. I have a feeling that everything will be fine, but I know that hearing that doesn't always make you feel any better. Just KNOW that we all are praying for you & you are NOT alone today
    Thank you. That means a lot. You guys are so great to think of us today. I'm an emotional mess. My Macon has only been with us 5 weeks. It feels like she's always been here. I came home to 3 dogs and it just wasn't right. This morning I told my daughter that I was afraid she wasn't going to make it through the surgery. She told me that if Macon is tough enough to take on Clyde and Rootbeer she's tough enough to make it through this surgery. Pretty bad that my 14 year old has to comfort her mom instead of the other way around. I don't know if they've started surgery yet. They had 2 emergencies this morning. A cat with a broken leg and a dog that got hit by a car. Those were the priorities before they started with the scheduled surgeries. The vet tech told me that she would call as soon as surgery was over and again after she woke up and was coming around. She said that if there was any problem at all she would call me immediately. I have to wait for my daughter to get out of practice today before I can go back to the office. No school today, practice from 10-12ish. I almost stayed at the office and called sis to tell her to get a ride but I didn't want to be a better dog mom than human mom. LOL I'll let everyone know as soon as I hear anything. The wait is torture. I just can't believe how I was so sure of this until this morning. I have so much emotion and anxiety. She was in such bad shape when she came that I guess I have really become attached. I had an immense amount of sympathy, sadness and anger that I believe has all turned to love. Thank you all for being there for me. I need it today.

11. Likes Cali Doll, ddnene, Texas Carol liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to Macon today for her procedure. Even though it is scary, you are giving her a much better quality of life. Hugs to you and Macon both.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

BIG hugs, prayers and positive thoughts! We are all with you ---
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Good Luck. Doing the best thing for Macon is never a mistake whether there was a hiccup in the way.
    Hug your bully today

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

No news. Headed to the vet.

Bulldog Vet in Training g8erjackie's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jackie
    Country